DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Return to home sends the drone skywards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pecora Nera

Reactions
HI I bought my drone yesterday (Mini 2 SE) I tried the Return to Home function 3 times. each time the drone shot skywards as in incredibly high. Worried that I would lose her, I regained control and brought her back manually.

I am in Italy, the DJI website sends me to the italian site so I don't have an English manual.

Any ideas what I am doing wrong?

Thanks Peter

Please upload the TXT flight log here and share the link here so we can review the flight log. Or attach the TXT flight log here.

Welcome to the Forum!

I bet it really appears odd that msinger is asking for a flight log, your just starting out. But with the log, him and many others will quickly figure out. If your doing something wrong or the bird has a problem.
Should do this before you loose it or pick up the pieces. :rolleyes: Thumbswayup👌

Rod..

Reactions: Pecora Nera
I am in Italy, the DJI website sends me to the italian site so I don't have an English manual.
Here's a link for you:
Maybe nothing ... the drone will normally climb to whatever RTH height is set before coming home.
You can check what that height is if you connect the drone and tap the Safety tab in the app settings.
Or if you post your flight data, someone will be able to see what RTH height is set to.

HI I bought my drone yesterday (Mini 2 SE) I tried the Return to Home function 3 times. each time the drone shot skywards as in incredibly high. Worried that I would lose her, I regained control and brought her back manually.

Thanks Peter
My guess is the drone is still at the default RTH altitude, which I believe is 100m (333 feet,). I find 40m is usually sufficient. There is a very large bridge in my city that I've filmed near, and even that is only 38m above surface level.

My guess is the drone is still at the default RTH altitude, which I believe is 100m (333 feet,). I find 40m is usually sufficient. There is a very large bridge in my city that I've filmed near, and even that is only 38m above surface level.
Thanks everyone, I will set the default altitude lower and see what it does.

Greetings from Birmingham Alabama USA, welcome to the forum! We look forward to hearing from you!

Reactions: rjwmorrell
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucian