DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Reviving Mavic Pro battery

bratan

Reactions
I have a battery that went dead after it was stored for too long (non OEM). Just for fun I decided to see if I can revive it. I removed casing, checked voltage which was just under 2V (yeah too low I know) and started charging it at 0.1A via B6AC charger in NiCad mode. I didn't disconnect controller or bms cable (its glued pretty hard). At what voltage should microcontroller come to life? It's at 8.1V now (picture was taken before) and still no LED lights coming up...
battery.jpg

ooooooooooooo... not good.

Looks like you aren't balancing the cells. The BMS won't like that if they're too different from each other.

Should trickle charge each cell individually to about 3.6v. Then see if the BMS will find happiness.

Also, that frying pan is a joke. Should be in a lipo bag, with what you're doing.

Reactions: Hidden
LOL no worries I got this :) After some researching I realized that BMS chip already locked due to under voltage. Time to reset it via I2C ;) BTW frying pan is fine, I'm not leaving it unattended and have bucket of sand prepared outside.
I'll rebalance cells later...

LOL no worries I got this :) After some researching I realized that BMS chip already locked due to under voltage. Time to reset it via I2C ;) BTW frying pan is fine, I'm not leaving it unattended and have bucket of sand prepared outside.
I'll rebalance cells later...
What is this reset via I2C you speak of? I have two dead M2Pro batteries that I left uncharged for over a year and don't want to trash them.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jroy329