DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

RF-V16 Tracker

jacob

Reactions
Hi, I can see this gets discussed quite a lot but it seems to be muddled up with lots of other reviews.

Does anyone own the RF-V16 and can give any feedback or even successful recovery stories?

TIA

Hi, I can see this gets discussed quite a lot but it seems to be muddled up with lots of other reviews.

Does anyone own the RF-V16 and can give any feedback or even successful recovery stories?

TIA

RF-V16 , I believe uses the 2g celluar network, a lot of countries are turning off the 2g networks , Australia doesn't have any more and the US I think has only a few companies left supporting a 2 g network.

I'd look at the 3g version of the RF-v16, gives you more flexibility in the carrier , the coverage and is future proofed

I found the 3g unit difficult to use as you need to send it number codes from your phone for various modes, the app provided was not very good as well, it did not work reliably for me

I recently swapped to the Trackimo 3g, which works perfectly every time, mounted on the MPP and MP

IMHO the trackimo 3g is the best of the GPS trackers, it's more expensive but you do get a 12 mth subscription to the service included in the purchase price, after that it's 5 usd per month.
I find this very accurate and both the phone and the pc apps work very well and reliably which is the main thing.

I even have the trackimo app working on the Crystalsky.

Trackimo on MPP - Copy.jpg Trackimo accuracy - Copy.JPG

Last edited:
Reactions: Rnl
RF-V16 , I believe uses the 2g celluar network, a lot of countries are turning off the 2g networks , Australia doesn't have any more and the US I think has only a few companies left supporting a 2 g network.

I'd look at the 3g version of the RF-v16, gives you more flexibility in the carrier , the coverage and is future proofed

I found the 3g unit difficult to use as you need to send it number codes from your phone for various modes, the app provided was not very good as well, it did not work reliably for me

I recently swapped to the Trackimo 3g, which works perfectly every time, mounted on the MPP and MP

IMHO the trackimo 3g is the best of the GPS trackers, it's more expensive but you do get a 12 mth subscription to the service included in the purchase price, after that it's usd per month.
I find this very accurate and both the phone and the pc apps work very well and reliably which is the main thing.

I even have the trackimo app working on the Crystalsky.

View attachment 32445 View attachment 32446

Thanks! I think I need to stop being tight.

Thanks! I think I need to stop being tight.

For me it was like spending 10% of the drone value to save 90% of it

I have the RF-V16.

It uses 2G or SMS. Some places I've flown have had no 2G or 3G reception but enough signal for an SMS.

You can send the unit " #dw " sms and it will reply with a Google maps link.

Also has an SOS button when pressed will call your mobile so you can speak to who found it. You can call it as well.

Im using in UK. Have a SIM which is 5p per SMS. Going to last a long time.

I like it.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
albestinspections