DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Rotate 360 degrees

Silverthorne

Reactions
I am running DJI GO4 on IOS, I don’t see the function of having the Mavic 2 Pro rotate on itself (as if on a tripod) to film a 360 degrees panorama. Anyone knows a way to do this and care to share? The closest I got is by flying up to a set altitude and just holding the left joystick slightly to a side (9 or 3 o’clock). Is not perfect as the pulse, and therefore the speed, is not perfectly constant and will not stop when reaching full circle by itself.

Thank you pilots!

try tripod mode once you are at the point where you want to pan rest your thumb on the controller to one side of the stick for controlling yaw and just roll your thumb to move the stick a small amount you will find that with practise you will be able to keep a constant speed practise at low level first somewhere there is no one else about you can use the red drone icon in the map display which shows the direction of the drone as you yaw it will turn so you can note the start point and finish your yaw after it has has reached the start point

All techniques posted will work. Here's one that I use...

1. Go to altitude to avoid obstacles for the area.
  2. Set your gimble and camera settings.
  3. Bring up POI intelligent flight mode.
  4. Set the POI to its current location.
  5. Back off from the POI 50 to 250 feet. Remember instruction #1.
  6. Set the POI flight speed and direction, then execute.

With this method, you can control the rotational speed, it smoother and constant depending on wind conditions. From a cinematic point of view you get compound movement (a little bit of foreground rotation in the opposite direction of the distant view.) For this type of shot, the gimble would be pointed more toward the horizon or distant view than your typical downward view of a POI.

Try it.

Reactions: FoxhallGH
All techniques posted will work. Here's one that I use...

1. Go to altitude to avoid obstacles for the area.
  2. Set your gimble and camera settings.
  3. Bring up POI intelligent flight mode.
  4. Set the POI to its current location.
  5. Back off from the POI 50 to 250 feet. Remember instruction #1.
  6. Set the POI flight speed and direction, then execute.

With this method, you can control the rotational speed, it smoother and constant depending on wind conditions. From a cinematic point of view you get compound movement (a little bit of foreground rotation in the opposite direction of the distant view.) For this type of shot, the gimble would be pointed more toward the horizon or distant view than your typical downward view of a POI.

Try it.
Spot-on with this method - Yes - although you do have to cancel the POI function to tell it when to stop. You do have full control over the camera tho' - not like QuickShot modes.

DJI GO 4 on IOS does not show the tripod mode. Am I missing something?

Also, can you do simultaneously Cinematic mode AND Tap to Fly or POI?

Thank you.

you need to turn on the modes in the settings when they are on you will see a little icon like a cotroller on the left of the main screen in line with the return to home and take off icons when you touch this it allows you to select the different flight modes including tripod mode way points tap fly etc

DJI GO 4 on IOS does not show the tripod mode. Am I missing something?

Also, can you do simultaneously Cinematic mode AND Tap to Fly or POI?

Thank you.
The Mavic Pro has a 'Tripod' mode in the Go 4 app' - but the Mavic Pro 2 has a 3-position switch on the side of the controller that provides 'Tripod' [T] mode. Mavic Pro [1] controllers have a 2-position switch. So in your case, it's done by hardware ...
TPS.JPG

thanks Foxhall something else i have learned on this forum

Reactions: old man mavic
Ditto and thank you.

Still is not possible to combine two intelligent flight options, like Cinematic and Tap to Fly, or POI, right?

Ditto and thank you.

Still is not possible to combine two intelligent flight options, like Cinematic and Tap to Fly, or POI, right?
That's my understanding ...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ranger 7