DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Rudder (yaw) Transitional Jerkiness

ym58

Reactions
I've been struggling with this for weeks ... any advice will be ***MUCH*** welcome !
Horizontal panning (yaw) with my Mavic Pro is definitely jerky (slightly indeed but jerky, still)... whereas all other cam movements are way smoother.
I have tried hundreds of stick exp settings, but to no avail : the yaw still gets jerky ... and it sucks!
You may find below a short video that shows clearly the issue : fisrt 16 seconds is jerky, last 7 seconds is totally smooth (ND16 - ISO100 - Shutter160).
Has anyone got any hint/advice ?

Last edited:
Reactions: stevenws
Really you will only get smooth Yaw is to use modes such as tripod
The point is that it actually was a tripod shot with cinematic gain 82 & sensitivity 153.2 !!!

I've been struggling with this for weeks ... any advice will be ***MUCH*** welcome !
Horizontal panning (yaw) with my Mavic Pro is definitely jerky (slightly indeed but jerky, still)... whereas all other cam movements are way smoother.
I have tried hundreds of stick exp settings, but to no avail : the yaw still gets jerky ... and it sucks!
You may find below a short video that shows clearly the issue : fisrt 16 seconds is jerky, last 7 seconds is totally smooth (ND16 - ISO100 - Shutter160).
Has anyone got any hint/advice ?
Did you ever figure this out? This could have been my post exactly. Up & down (Climbing or Decending) on my mavic pro is also ALWAYS silky smooth, no matter what the stick settings are... like, I cannot even make it jerky, or stuttery. BUT... Panning left or right... it seems to be luck of the draw. Why, why, why??