DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Running out of time, fly Tuesday . Flights from Turkey

frequentflyer

Reactions
Things are not looking good. Lots of practice and a planned property video shoot not looking good.

On another site it also mentions a depth of 1.5cm

My concern is staff in Turkey not really clued up and could bin my spare mavic batteries

Which airline is this?

Fortunately the Mavic packs are not larger than 16x9.3cm.

The rules have changed and 1.5cm depth has been added to the description and the Mavic's are more. Called Easyjet helpline today and they confirmed this.
The main issue is the staff at the airport in Dalaman, Turkey may not have read everything and will just be overly strict regardless of what I tell them. Too risky

Looks like EJ are taking it to a higher level than the new rules actually require as other airlines have not been including power packs so far...

Based on the rules on their website I'd say carrying pretty much any drone batteries to Turkey on EJ is a non-starter sadly...

Looks like EJ are taking it to a higher level than the new rules actually require as other airlines have not been including power packs so far...

Based on the rules on their website I'd say carrying pretty much any drone batteries to Turkey on EJ is a non-starter sadly...
There was an amendment on 28th March adding power packs and batteries if larger than 16cmx9cmx1.5cm
Think I might take the hit on 1 battery. OK taking just getting back.
But what about the battery in the controller!

With the current rules as published by EJ, I'd probably not take the Mavic at all...

How about taking it out there, since the rules don't apply on the outbound flight and then using Fedex or UPS for the return trip... ?

For comparison, I flew to the UK from Cairo via Amman (on RJ) last week with all sorts of power-packs, cameras etc. in my carry-on and the only thing they cared about was the iPad...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
michalis