DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 3 Ruthven Barracks (Ruins), Kingussie, Scotland

AlbionDrones

Reactions
Site
www.youtube.com
Located just off the main A9 near Kingussie are the ruins of the Ruthven Barracks, a remnant of the Jacobite time period and an interesting set of ruins that have always caught our attention when travelling past. This time we managed to stop and take a look....

Good parking locally with some good info boards present too...

Interesting place. Nice video. Allow me to make one, tiny suggestion... when you fly with your camera pointed straight down, go a little slower. It makes that shot easily to watch and more interesting.

Reactions: AlbionDrones
Interesting place. Nice video. Allow me to make one, tiny suggestion... when you fly with your camera pointed straight down, go a little slower. It makes that shot easily to watch and more interesting.
Thanks Dave, yeah, I saw it was a little quick, but working the footage a week later and 400 miles south and I cant easily go back and reshoot, but a good tip for future flights, thanks :)

Great video of another beautiful and interesting site. The mound looks man-made? I read that the barracks was built on the site of an earlier castle; great history.

Reactions: AlbionDrones
Thanks Dave, yeah, I saw it was a little quick, but working the footage a week later and 400 miles south and I cant easily go back and reshoot, but a good tip for future flights, thanks :)
I don't know what program you use to edit with but you could try applying just a little slow-motion in editing. TYhat might help.

I don't know what program you use to edit with but you could try applying just a little slow-motion in editing. TYhat might help.
DaVinci Resolve18, I tried that, but the footage has a little motion blur, so doesnt work... tbh if I had any other footage I would have used it, but wanted to use that music without fading it out, so included it to pad it out... Will do better next time :)

Great video of another beautiful and interesting site. The mound looks man-made? I read that the barracks was built on the site of an earlier castle; great history.
Thanks Geoff, 2 previous castles IIRC, interesting site....

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucent6408d