DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Same app for 2 drones?

Gioba59

Reactions
Hi all. I just received my repaired drone (mavic pro)
While it was been repaired I Decided to buy a mavic pro 2 and been using with no problem, today i received the mavic pro but cannot connect to the app.
Do I need to download a new app?

Do I need to download a new app?
No. You can use your existing version of DJI GO 4.

How are you attempting to connect your Mavic Pro? What happens when you attempt to connect it? Please be as detailed as possible.

Turn controller open app turn drone on.
The only thing i see is poor connection in red.

Are you using the correct controller? (meaning the Mavic Pro controller for the Mavic Pro, not the Mavic Pro 2's controller)

Also you might need to redo the pairing procedure between the controller and the drone, in case the pairing got wiped during the repair.

I had been using GO 4 the last few weeks for my MP with no issues...
I attempted to fly my new MP2 Pro yesterday and it would not let me fly. You could get the view from the camera, look at settings, but no startup of motors and it had CANNOT START on top of screen.
I used another iPad and flew it.
On the original iPad, I noticed that the GO4 app did not have the MP2 on the Drones listed so I updated the app. Now it shows up on start screen.
I’ll be trying both MP1 AND MP2 later today, but I don’t foresee a problem.
Update your APP [emoji6]

I will try soon i get home, thanks.
QUOTE="Gioba59, post: 675217, member: 80414"][/QUOTE]
I

You state it shows poor connection in red. As @BD0G stated it is probably a pairing issue. Especially if you did not send the RC in with the AC for repair. I would hope that the repair facility paired it with another RC for testing after the repair but I would not know. Having said that, I do not know how you would even receive a poor connection message if the RC and AC were not paired.

I suggest you first turn on your display device and the RC and then connect them together. Go 4 should recognize your RC and open properly for the MP. It should show "Aircraft Disconnected" with a red background in Go 4. If it doesn't then you need to find out why (cable, overtaxed display device, ect.). Next turn on the MP and it should connect. If not, it is more likely a pairing problem with the RC or a software problem with Go 4 or a screw-up with the repair.

Reactions: Sniperfritz
Thanks to all, this forum is full of nice people.
I did not see the attach instruction that came with the drone after repair.
After reading that and follow step by step all is great, flying beautiful except that I fell to re-composite my previous settings and one of them was the return to home , lol, Thanks again.

Attachments

• 20190219_150720.jpg
    20190219_150720.jpg
    899.6 KB · Views: 29
Reactions: Sniperfritz
Told ya it was a linking issue! LOL. Its too bad all the DJIGO4 settings are wiped out when sent to DJI for repair or when one firmware upgrades /downgrades. It would be a nice feature to have an Export Settings / Import Settings option within the DJIGO4 app.

Glad you got it figured out Gioba[emoji106].

Tahoe’s not a shabby place either BDOG! That’s beautiful out there. I miss that area.
I stay here in Maui when it’s too cold in Michigan [emoji6]

Reactions: BD0G
Glad you got it figured out Gioba[emoji106].

Tahoe’s not a shabby place either BDOG! That’s beautiful out there. I miss that area.
I stay here in Maui when it’s too cold in Michigan [emoji6]

Tahoe is insanely beautiful! No doubt. I just miss the feeling of Aloha that I sink into after about 7 days there (when its time to head home) oh and the "Feast at LeLe" in Lahina.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
avolfan23