DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Samsung EVO Select 512GB Micro SD not recognized in storage menu in controller

Internuts1

Reactions
I have the DJI RC RM 330. Only internal storage shows up in the storage list on the controller pull down menu. Photos & Videos, Music & Audio, & System. I have removed and reinstalled, restarted. Not recognized. Nothing. This is a Micro SDXC UHS 130mb/s U3 A2 V30 4K. I actually would rather install it in the drone (not controller) but I figured I must format it first in the controller. Is that wrong? Remarkably, I have not located any information on how to step by step install and use an sd card in this drone. Only how to install it (as if that's a mystery.) Side note: The sd card gets jammed in the drone slot. After depressing to eject, it gets lodged deep in slot. Had to literally pluck and gently bang the surrounding housing until it "popped" out.

I have the DJI RC RM 330. Only internal storage shows up in the storage list on the controller pull down menu. Photos & Videos, Music & Audio, & System. I have removed and reinstalled, restarted. Not recognized. Nothing. This is a Micro SDXC UHS 130mb/s U3 A2 V30 4K. I actually would rather install it in the drone (not controller) but I figured I must format it first in the controller. Is that wrong? Remarkably, I have not located any information on how to step by step install and use an sd card in this drone. Only how to install it (as if that's a mystery.) Side note: The sd card gets jammed in the drone slot. After depressing to eject, it gets lodged deep in slot. Had to literally pluck and gently bang the surrounding housing until it "popped" out.

You don't need to install it in the controller first. Also I don't understand the issue in the second half of your post. Which drone? Are you saying you don't know how to use the SD card once it's in the drone? If it's getting lodge in the slot you're either putting it in wrong or the slot is busted.

I am running with a San Disk Extreme 512GB SD in my Mavic 3 Pro and it works just fine. Not an over capacity issue at least for my drone model. MicroSD XC1 U3 A2 V30 is the rest of the spec on the card. It is ridiculously oversized for my needs to be quite honest since I don't shoot much video.

Perhaps your device can not accommodate the 512 GB card. That's huge.
I was surprised that DJI has 512gb cards (specifically the card the OP mentions) on their list of approved cards for the DJI RC, so I don't think that's it. I had the Smart Controller and think it only took up to 64gb cards but DJI seems to have gotten with the times.

Reactions: JeffreyS
I have the DJI RC RM 330. Only internal storage shows up in the storage list on the controller pull down menu. Photos & Videos, Music & Audio, & System. I have removed and reinstalled, restarted. Not recognized. Nothing. This is a Micro SDXC UHS 130mb/s U3 A2 V30 4K. I actually would rather install it in the drone (not controller) but I figured I must format it first in the controller. Is that wrong?
Have you tried using the card in a computer to confirm that it actually works?
You shouldn't have to format any new SD card before using it.
There's really no need for an SD card in the controller.

Why such a large card anyway?
512GB is many times larger than you need.
Remarkably, I have not located any information on how to step by step install and use an sd card in this drone. Only how to install it (as if that's a mystery.) Side note: The sd card gets jammed in the drone slot. After depressing to eject, it gets lodged deep in slot. Had to literally pluck and gently bang the surrounding housing until it "popped" out.
There shouldn't be any need for step by step instructions to remove an SD card.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brokerman