DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Saw a Mavic flying around the neighborhood.

SNew76

Reactions
I know I don't own the only Mavic but I was surprised to see someone landing one in my neighborhood the other night as I was walking into my house. Nice to see that but it makes me wonder if enough people get these will there be an issue of people possibly interfering with each other. Just a thought as I frequently fly where I saw this occur.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

I know I don't own the only Mavic but I was surprised to see someone landing one in my neighborhood the other night as I was walking into my house. Nice to see that but it makes me wonder if enough people get these will there be an issue of people possibly interfering with each other. Just a thought as I frequently fly where I saw this occur.

The risc of interference is very small because it transmit on 2,4 GHz. And it's not locked to just one channel on the band. Instead it's hopping thru the whole band. It's not like the old 27 or 35 or 72 MHz band where you must have a qristal fore each channel.

You might have more trouble with neighbours with wireless wi-fi routers that use 2,4 GHz.

Last edited by a moderator:
The risc of interference is very small because it transmit on 2,4 GHz. And it's not locked to just one channel on the band. Instead it's hopping thru the whole band. It's not like the old 27 or 35 or 72 MHz band where you must have a qristal fore each channel.

You might have more trouble with neighbours with wireless wi-fi routers that use 2,4 GHz.

Yea that much I know. I was taking more about sharing the air space. Possibly flying around the same area.

To hit an aircraft in a midair strike is not likely a common thing when only two or maybe three in the air at the same time.

In aircombat there are 5-8 aircrafts at the same time up and the main thing there is to be sucessfull with a midair strike. ;)

Reactions: LelandS and Colin
Not at the moment. I'm just curious once more and more people have them I can see it becoming and issue. I have not encountered flying around another drone.

I understand his concern, I went to the park yesterday to get some flight time, normally almost empty except for one RC fixed wing pilot I know. Well yesterday there were no less the 4 other guys flying drones, sky seemed almost crowded. 2 P3's and a couple of racing quads. I stayed high to keep out of the way (100'+) and went long as they were staying in close. Have never seen that many there before and have been flying there for 3 years.

To hit an aircraft in a midair strike is not likely a common thing when only two or maybe three in the air at the same time.

In aircombat there are 5-8 aircrafts at the same time up and the main thing there is to be sucessfull with a midair strike. ;)

I'm loving the "Le Mans" start

Yea if we were flying planes I would say your right. But we aren't talking about fixed wing aircraft. Our quadcopters hover,change altitude and can maneuver way faster than a fixed wing making the likely hood of a collision greater imo. So if you had let's say 4 or five quads flying in the same vicinity and 2 of the pilots are green and do not know how to react quickly I'd say that could potentially be an issue. Especially if someone is flying Litchi or autonomously.

Yea if we were flying planes I would say your right. But we aren't talking about fixed wing aircraft. Our quadcopters hover,change altitude and can maneuver way faster than a fixed wing making the likely hood of a collision greater imo. So if you had let's say 4 or five quads flying in the same vicinity and 2 of the pilots are green and do not know how to react quickly I'd say that could potentially be an issue. Especially if someone is flying Litchi or autonomously.

Again this is all hypothetical. Just voicing a thought here.

Although it is something to think about, I'm not too concerned about it. We'd probably have a better chance at winning the lottery than having a drone strike with another drone.

I personally seek flight areas that are interesting to explore and record. I only go to my local flight spot to test something new like Litchi features, or try new things like hand launch, etc. I'm not to worried about the crowds at parks.

Actually yesterday I was at a park testing new firmware and a lady arrived with husband in tow. She had a cheap $100 drone of some type with a camera. She was a newbie, eager to see my Mavic, etc. We talked a few minutes, then she launched about 50' from me, under a tree. I wasn't paying attention because I was flying. She had panic in her voice when I looked around as she flew straight up out of control into the tree. Kinda entertaining, but sad. They went home to find a stick long enough to retrieve the craft. I left a few minutes later.

Fly often, be safe

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada