DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Scary issues with Mavic 3and DJI RC remote

Reactions
I have some weird issues with the RC. I am using it with my Mavic3 and my Mini3 Pro respectively. So after turning on, pairing it, sometimes it shows a different screen, for example there is no "7x" button for the tele camera. Then I quit DJI Fly , enter again, and then it loads the newest version and "7x" button reappears. I can live with this, but last week there was a really dangerous situation, I was shooting tractors with the tele lens out on the field, about 2 meters high and the drone FROZE. It was hovering, no reaction for moving the sticks at all. It was really scary, ( I've never experienced like this with my old Mavic2 Pro, during hundreds of flights ! ) So I had to turn off the RC and turn back on, then the Mavic 3 returned to home. I just imagined when flying in a forest, or in a city etc... and the drone just became uncontrollable ! Again, it was about 2 meters from the ground, in an open field, about 100 meteres from me, no blocking objects, no interference, clear VLOS.... anybody experienced similar ??

Reactions: 1TenaciousG
You will be asked for the flight log.
I think the following thread is current
if so upload the flight log to
and post the resulting URL here.

Last edited:
Is there a way to connect somehow the recorded video clips to the flight log data ? Now I have a 14 minute long flight log txt., but no absolute time stamps ( ie: takeoff at 9:30:24 AM ) , only like: "takeoff: 00.00.00 - then flying all over the place, then landing at 04:21:30 ) - so I cannot connect the route map of the log to my actual footage. Also I have one "long flight log" and several video clips.

You will be asked for the flight log.
I think the following thread is current
if so upload the flight log to
and post the resulting URL here.
Thanks !

I have a Mavic 3 and Mini 3 Pro and control them with a single RC Pro. I switch the firmware on the RC Pro often depending on the drone I fly with no issue. Understand is different architecture between the RC and RC Pro.

I have a Mavic 3 and Mini 3 Pro and control them with a single RC Pro. I switch the firmware on the RC Pro often depending on the drone I fly with no issue. Understand is different architecture between the RC and RC Pro.
Every time I want to fly, I turn on the DJI RC and the drone. It asks to choose the actual model I am connecting to the RC, ( like MAvic 3 for example ) and I have to make the pairing procedure. Only after this can I even start DJI Fly app. So at this time it should know the connected drone model. Yet many times the DJI Fly app lacks certain functions and I have to restart the app to load all the latest features. Strange...

Every time I want to fly, I turn on the DJI RC and the drone. It asks to choose the actual model I am connecting to the RC, ( like MAvic 3 for example ) and I have to make the pairing procedure. Only after this can I even start DJI Fly app. So at this time it should know the connected drone model. Yet many times the DJI Fly app lacks certain functions and I have to restart the app to load all the latest features. Strange...
That I have not seen. That is strange. Maybe someone else can chime in who uses the Mavic 3 and Mini 3 with the RC? Maybe you found a bug that needs brought to the attention of DJI.

Is there a way to connect somehow the recorded video clips to the flight log data ? Now I have a 14 minute long flight log txt., but no absolute time stamps ( ie: takeoff at 9:30:24 AM ) , only like: "takeoff: 00.00.00 - then flying all over the place, then landing at 04:21:30 ) - so I cannot connect the route map of the log to my actual footage. Also I have one "long flight log" and several video clips.
Column BS (no joke), column #67, of the Phantomhelp csv, entitled "CAMERA.isVideo", records whether or not the drone is recording video, via False/True entries.
The csv also has two "flytime" columns, E & F, #5 & #6 that record the flight time in minutes and seconds respectively.

Last edited:
I had one instance of my Classic freezing just yesterday during a test flight in tight quarters, obstacle avoidance set to brake and using spotlight on myself to test the entire system. At one point it just stopped and hovered and would not respond to the sticks. I pressed the pause button on my RC Pro to cancel the current flight mode and it then responded to stick commands and was normal after that. I don't know if the obstacle avoidance combined with spotlight mode confused it or not? No issues since.

I have noticed with my RC Pro and Air 2S that I need to Force Stop when switching between the Fly app and Litchi. Since the RC Pro is Android based I guess that flicking the app off the screen doesn't really shut it down? While I sort this out I use Force Stop from the apps folder. Try using Force Stop when switching between the two drones to see if that makes a difference.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Odnicokev