DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Screen iew

raven swe

Reactions
In video mode you get a full screen camera view, when switching to photo mode the view gets cropped by black bars at the ends of the screen, anyway of getting rid of the cropped view and have the photo mode look the same as the video mode, have looked about and tried a few things but if there is a setting I cant find it,

Not sure what device you’re using.
On my mini iPad, swipe down on the screen, full view.
Swipe down again, app view. Picture mode or video mode.

using sc, but also happens on iPad and iPhone, app view in video mode I get full screen with all the app stuff over it telemetry etc, I want the same in photo mode, if its possible I want to get rid of the black bars at the ends of the screen in app view photo mode.

Are you selecting the right photo layout? 16:9 to match the video.

Reactions: Thomas B
No problem, i'll admit it got me too!

Are you selecting the right photo layout? 16:9 to match the video.

That’s assuming you want to shoot stills in 16:9. As an old school(ish) stills ‘tog I shoot in 3:2.

16:9 for stills is just plain odd looking to me :)

Reactions: PAW
It's all just a learning curve. :)

Yep. Photos at 16:9 are cropping the sensor and losing pixels.

Im not a big "camera guy" But I'm doing same 16/9 just to fill the screen.. so is 4/3 preferred?? Then when you zoom it in to fill the screen, your loosing some top and bottom, so does it still have a higher resolution after cropping to fill the screen??

Im not a big "camera guy" But I'm doing same 16/9 just to fill the screen.. so is 4/3 preferred?? Then when you zoom it in to fill the screen, your loosing some top and bottom, so does it still have a higher resolution after cropping to fill the screen??
No. 4:3 would actually throw away more than 3:2 though obviously (given the aspect ratio).

My bird is setup to shoot 16x9 jpeg and save raw also as a separate file.. when I access my SD card I can access both. No need to compromise. A 64GB card is plenty big.

I believe it is 16x9.... but is huge. Makes crops much better images.
If it’s 16:9 it’s already cropped.

Each to their own. For anyone who is happy to do a little post editing (I can’t understand why DNG’s would be any use otherwise) 3:2 must be a preference? You start with a larger image.

I ask because I have never **** anything other than 3:2 and thought you may still get an uncropped DNG.

Edit: **** should have been shot. I instead of O (typo).

If it’s 16:9 it’s already cropped.

Each to their own. For anyone who is happy to do a little post editing (I can’t understand why DNG’s would be any use otherwise) 3:2 must be a preference? You start with a larger image.

I ask because I have never **** anything other than 3:2 and thought you may still get an uncropped DNG.

Edit: **** should have been shot. I instead of O (typo).
Good info... I have not researched the size of the DNG. It may be 3:2. Honestly not an issue for me as I use the for cropping rather that working on a jpeg.... just more pixels to work with.

Good info... I have not researched the size of the DNG. It may be 3:2. Honestly not an issue for me as I use the for cropping rather that working on a jpeg.... just more pixels to work with.
I’m lost- the DNG and JPG should be same number of pixels for a given aspect ratio.

I did not know the DNG & JPEG could be separate values? Is this true???

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RWShepard