DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Screen Mirror to Laptop

Mavic Ray

Reactions
So I managed to mirror my phone to my Dell laptop running windows 10. You have to set up the phone to screen mirror and then in Windows 10 you right click on the desk top>display settings>projecting to this PC (on the left side). Once you have that setup your laptop name should show up on your phone while it's scanning. It does disable your WiFi though. It also slows down my phone so not sure how useful it will be flying fpv unless I make slow movements. I am using a galaxy s5 so maybe it would be faster on a newer phone? The laptop would just be used as maybe a spectator screen.
20170208_165951.jpg

i found this app called mirrorop

it does cost money but works very well and works between all different software and hardware

i could mirror android to android
android to ipad
android to windows 7

it uses wifi

it also allows you to control the main android device connected to the drone, from the mirror!
it can also mirror sound

instructions here

i'm planning to set up a FPV set up and have a mirror on the mavic controller, that way when i take off the fpv i can still have touch screen control from the mirror device

Has anyone recently had success mirroring their Samsung phone screen to a PC. If so how? I tried with Samsung's Sidesync utilty but it is useless for my needs. It wont display the phone and the PC concurrently. Only one at a time.

Looking for simple way to have my S7 edge display repeated to a nearby Windows laptop so others can observe.

Has anyone recently had success mirroring their Samsung phone screen to a PC. If so how? I tried with Samsung's Sidesync utilty but it is useless for my needs. It wont display the phone and the PC concurrently. Only one at a time.

Looking for simple way to have my S7 edge display repeated to a nearby Windows laptop so others can observe.

Best way IMHO of accomplishing this is using streaming rather than screen mirroring. You will get a very good image with little or no frame loss, but with a couple of seconds delay. Read more: Streaming directly to laptop from DJI Go 4 App

This works well mostly if you have onlookers who want to see a live(ish) view without crowding around the pilot. I wouldn't recommend it for use by the pilot other than for framing shots etc. on a larger screen.

Yes I can do that with my s7 and Windows 10. I did notice though that its taking longer now for the screen to load on my laptop. I never had an issue before. I wonder if it' due to a recent Windows update. Once it has loaded though, the latency is miniscule. I tried using the side sync to mirror my s7 to my tablet but it caused major signal interference with the mavic.

Any luck with iOS to macbook pro? Or to ipad air 2? Just looking to share what I see on my iphone with others around me.

Yeah perhaps it is a good way but it sure is convoluted and would take a bit of setting up.

I finally tweaked as to how Mavic Ray is achieving it with Win10 in the first post of this thread and it took me all of 2 minutes to get running.

I just want something quick and simple.

upload_2018-1-16_23-11-37.png

In case anyone is wondering this is how you do it.................

On the Win10 laptop hit the Windows key and the letter P

upload_2018-1-17_7-21-20.png

Follow the prompts to allow for a connection. Once set up you do not have to revisit this screen

Then on the android phone pull down the status bar and Tap on Smart View

upload_2018-1-17_7-22-24.png

and follow the prompt to connect to your PC

upload_2018-1-17_7-22-58.png

Couldn't be simpler.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dw911 and Simmo
Actually, I have it working on a chromebook but I am still working out the bugs. I can load DJI Go just fine, I do have some com problems with controller and the chromebook but I believe the problem is my cable so I am going to make a cable next weekend so I know it meets all the USB standards.

*edit, I am not doing screen sharing. I am using the chromebook as my phone/tablet. It does work, I just have laggy video. Since I just the chromebook for the screen only, I set it up where I am sitting.. Of course this is not practical if you are hiking or something like that but if you are going to drive to a location and fly, you might want to try it. Since the screen is so much bigger, I can see things a lot better and pressing buttons to get into a menu is so much easier.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dond40127