DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Screen Recording: How to transfer the files to computer?

GeorgieDrone

Reactions
After doing a screen recording on the RC is there any way to copy the files off the SD card while it's still in the RC? I've tried connecting the RC to my computer using the usb ports, first the one usually used for charging then the other one. Nothing happens. Anybody know what to do?

I’ve not tried it. I’m replying so I’ll get notified if there is somebody with a clue

Turn on your drone, plug it in to the computer. Your computer should find the new connection just like plugging in a thumb drive.

Turn on your drone, plug it in to the computer. Your computer should find the new connection just like plugging in a thumb drive.
That's for transferring files from the drone to a computer, I'm asking about copying files (screen recordings) from the RC to a computer without the hassle of removing the SD card and putting it into a card reader. I've tried connecting the RC to a computer using the first USB port and then the other (the one that's next the the sd card slot). Nothing happens.

I read on a DJI forum that you can see the SD card as a drive when you plug in the USB cable to the controller and computer. The RC must be turned on. The comment didn't specify which USB port on the RC.
You could search Google for other options.

Reactions: kidroc
Keep in mind the SC controller can be picky about which cable will work. I have some that will and many that won’t and some that require the USB cable be plugged in with a particular orientation when connecting to my phone.

Reactions: DCinga
Keep in mind the SC controller can be picky about which cable will work. I have some that will and many that won’t and some that require the USB cable be plugged in with a particular orientation when connecting to my phone.
Give the man a cigar!
That was it. Changed cable and magically it works. I used the same usb port as for charging. The files are in the Android/Movies folder.
Thanks!

"USB C" refers only to the connector size, shape and available contacts. What changes, cable to cable, is how the connector is wired and what type of wire is used. On the simple level you can see a bit of whats up here when you notice that the cable doesn't work, or work well, but then flip the USB C connector around 180 and then it works. That's actually wrong, not supposed to be that way, but some (cheaper?) cables are sort of half-wired. Some will also fail as a charging cord if the application requiers too much current for the wire size used, there's a resulting voltage drop, inadequate current is delivered, and the device being charged doesn't even recognize the attempt. This happens with Lightning cables too, and also shouldn't based on the intention of the connector standards.

If you find a good USB C or Lightning cable, make a note of what it is and buy a bunch. They also fail with use.

From watching a couple of YouTube videos: A usb cable can be used between the RC and a Windows system to easily transfer the screen recordings.

A Mac needs to also have ”android file transfer app”. Installed on the Mac. I’ll be trying it a bit later.

From watching a couple of YouTube videos: A usb cable can be used between the RC and a Windows system to easily transfer the screen recordings.

A Mac needs to also have ”android file transfer app”. Installed on the Mac. I’ll be trying it a bit later.
You don't need any special app on a Mac to transfer files if you just pull the card and mount it. Card formats and file systems are standard, not specific to Andriod OS. I just did this a week ago, worked just fine.

Since you have to deal with SD cards with pretty much any camera or drone, you should get card reader if your computer doesn't already have one. The transfer speed is typically better than a USB cable connection, and the whole process is simpler.

You don't need any special app on a Mac to transfer files if you just pull the card and mount it. Card formats and file systems are standard, not specific to Andriod OS. I just did this a week ago, worked just fine.

Since you have to deal with SD cards with pretty much any camera or drone, you should get card reader if your computer doesn't already have one. The transfer speed is typically better than a USB cable connection, and the whole process is simpler.
This is for those who don’t want to pull the card, because they’re too fiddly.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Piason