DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

SD Slot Damaged?

jgalloway14

Reactions
Hello. I’ve seen many post about their SD card not working but I think my problem is different. When I put the current SD card into my computer, it reads fine and I even put it in my GoPro and recorded new footage to make sure the SD card wasn’t the problem. When I put the same SD card into my Mavic Pro, the controller tells me there is no SD card inserted. Full disclosure here, my son put the card in backwards and I had to use tweezers to get it out. So I’m wondering if the actual slot is now damaged and not sure what to do from here short of sending it to DJI to get fixed if that’s even an option. Thank you.

Hello. I’ve seen many post about their SD card not working but I think my problem is different. When I put the current SD card into my computer, it reads fine and I even put it in my GoPro and recorded new footage to make sure the SD card wasn’t the problem. When I put the same SD card into my Mavic Pro, the controller tells me there is no SD card inserted. Full disclosure here, my son put the card in backwards and I had to use tweezers to get it out. So I’m wondering if the actual slot is now damaged and not sure what to do from here short of sending it to DJI to get fixed if that’s even an option. Thank you.
First you need to try a different sd card in the mavic. If that doesn't work, that means the mavic's card slot is broken. If you have a warranty, don't tell DJI how it began not to function, just tell them it stopped functioning. If under warranty, they will probably replace it. If not under warranty, the fee for a repair will be low, i expect. It's simple to solder a new SD card slot into the mavic.

First you need to try a different sd card in the mavic. If that doesn't work, that means the mavic's card slot is broken. If you have a warranty, don't tell DJI how it began not to function, just tell them it stopped functioning. If under warranty, they will probably replace it. If not under warranty, the fee for a repair will be low, i expect. It's simple to solder a new SD card slot into the mavic.
Hello and thank you for the reply! It is not under warranty and I did try three different SD card brands (one of which was brand new) and it kept telling me the same thing. So I assume the slot is damaged but wanted to run it past the community to see what they thought. I’ll look into how to get it repaired. Thanks again!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne