DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Seagate updates portable HDD to 2TB and adds screen

Rock2D2

Reactions
Oh hey, what it should have been in the first place!

Yea, we've had them in the photo world for a while, but I guess processing 4k in a space that small was hard to compact. Once it drops I'll be looking for it.

There was nothing to process, just file copy would have been enough to make it interesting. The viewing is a little "why not" but hardly what you're looking for first.

Found over at The Verge:
Seagate’s 2TB portable hard drive for DJI drones lets you manage files without a PC

From the article: "What’s new about the Copilot is that it now allows you to manage the files straight from the drive itself. There’s a built in screen that you can use to copy or transfer files to an SD card, and a paired Copilot BOSS app lets you watch video playbacks in full resolution without plugging into a computer."

How is this better than a Crystalsky monitor? Other than the larger storage space, of course.

How is this better than a Crystalsky monitor?
The storage space, it can be used as a portable battery, and the price point. It's currently predicted at $350, which is stiff but LaCie is well known for quality.

Hmm... That's pretty cool but the CS charges your controller as well as being a dope screen for flying. I just don't know what the situation is that I'll need 2T of storage before I get home. I have 2 128G cards in my CS now that I've barely touched over a weekend trip. Not to forget that you can always use more cards... Oh and the CS will read portable hard drives like my 4T WD. I don't know, it's why I talked myself out of the Gnarbox as well. I just don't see myself doing in depth editing out in the woods or whatever, you know?

It does look cool though....

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rejdmast