DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Second wreck - Series lives on

Dr.Duct_Mossburg

Reactions
As the title states... Wrecked the drone again. Got cross up landing it. Mavic was facing me and instead of going to my right, I went to the mavics right. Caught some branches and the rest is history. It was trying to stabilize itself on the way down so it didnt really hit that hard. Now i'm having some stabilization issues with the Gimbal. I recalibrated it and it looks to be ok but when i'm in flight it isn't as smooth as in the past. It was worse but after I played with it a little it isn't as bad. Guess ill start pulling it apart tonight to see if anything is broken. All of the rubber bands look good, the bracket holding the camera looks good. Not sure what it is. The more downward facing I am, the worse it is.

It's going to suck if I have to send it back to DJI but i've really enjoyed flying this thing over the last few days. It's a blast! and worth every penny.

Last edited:
Had a small accident myself yesterday in DelMarVa MD near Denton. Out in a wide open field flying low and props his a metal pole that was sticking up about 100 yards away. I watched the Mavic dance in the air for a second or two then stabilize itself. I brought it home and noticed it would occasionally shudder in flight. When it landed I was missing about half of the split props on three of the ends. (what do we call the individual half prop anyway?) So I lost half of one side of one prop and half of both sides of another and the thing still flew and flew well, with the exception of the shuddering I mentioned. Changed props and flew on. Nice aircraft. I don't know if a Phantom would withstand that.

As the title states... Wrecked the drone again. Got cross up landing it. Mavic was facing me and instead of going to my right, I went to the mavics right. Caught some branches and the rest is history. It was trying to stabilize itself on the way down so it didnt really hit that hard. Now i'm having some stabilization issues with the Gimbal. I recalibrated it and it looks to be ok but when i'm in flight it isn't as smooth as in the past. It was worse but after I played with it a little it isn't as bad. Guess ill start pulling it apart tonight to see if anything is broken. All of the rubber bands look good, the bracket holding the camera looks good. Not sure what it is. The more downward facing I am, the worse it is.

It's going to suck if I have to send it back to DJI but i've really enjoyed flying this thing over the last few days. It's a blast! and worth every penny.

Refresh or other insurance?

Eesh, that's rough man.

Reactions: theOz24
Had a small accident myself yesterday in DelMarVa MD near Denton. Out in a wide open field flying low and props his a metal pole that was sticking up about 100 yards away. I watched the Mavic dance in the air for a second or two then stabilize itself. I brought it home and noticed it would occasionally shudder in flight. When it landed I was missing about half of the split props on three of the ends. (what do we call the individual half prop anyway?) So I lost half of one side of one prop and half of both sides of another and the thing still flew and flew well, with the exception of the shuddering I mentioned. Changed props and flew on. Nice aircraft. I don't know if a Phantom would withstand that.

I go shooting in Vienna atleast once (if not twice) a month. When you went to the new propellers did the shutter stop? I found a small hairline crack in one of them. Very very small but it's there.

I go shooting in Vienna atleast once (if not twice) a month. When you went to the new propellers did the shutter stop? I found a small hairline crack in one of them. Very very small but it's there.
I have had no issues since I changed the props. Continued flying yesterday and flew a little today without incident. Now that I'm home I can put it under the magnifying lamp and really inspect for damage.

Fixed it. Turned out to be one of the mounting tabs on the gimbal. It was up inside which is why I didnt see it until tonight when I got in there with a flash light and really examined everything. I think it would be worth while to make a thread discussing things to check during malfunction after a crash.

Reactions: stuffonastick
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magic31