DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Secondary real time monitoring of Mavik Video

How can I send my Mavik Pro video signal to a second monitor in real time?

I searched a long time for this answer.

The easiest method is to mirror your iPhone/iPad screen onto Apple TV. This requires a wireless network, but no internet required. You can use any old wifi router.

You can also mirror onto the screen of any pc without using Apple TV (I think it's called lonely screen)

Another easy option is YouTube live (or Facebook live) if you have lots of data available.

Another option is to purchase an second mavic remote controller. Two controllers can connect to mavic at one time, each with their own display.

Certian non iOS tablets have hdmi out, but android and dji don't seem to get along.

I chose Apple TV.

Reactions: Robbyg
Get a screen mirroring app - a sender for your device connected to the RC and a receiver for the client device. Connect the two devices with something like Wifi Direct, or by setting up one as a hotspot. I do this with my android tablet connected to the Mavic and stream to my Moverio goggles, but any other android device will do. The Moverios have a Miracast receiver built-in. I put a screen mirroring app on the tablet, connect the two and away I go.

I searched a long time for this answer.

The easiest method is to mirror your iPhone/iPad screen onto Apple TV. This requires a wireless network, but no internet required. You can use any old wifi router.

You can also mirror onto the screen of any pc without using Apple TV (I think it's called lonely screen)

Another easy option is YouTube live (or Facebook live) if you have lots of data available.

Another option is to purchase an second mavic remote controller. Two controllers can connect to mavic at one time, each with their own display.

Certian non iOS tablets have hdmi out, but android and dji don't seem to get along.

I chose Apple TV.
Thanks! I think I would prefer to investigate mirroring to a pc. I am highly reluctant to hand another person a controller of my drone!!

AirPlay Receiver on Windows and OSX

You can use this on your laptop to mirror you iOS screen as long as they are on the same wifi network.

It does not require Internet, so any old wifi router will do. Many are 12vdc so you can plug it directly into your car or use a cheap inverter and plug it into household power.

One thing I learned is that Ipad and iPhone mirror with different aspect ratios. iPhone will use the entire screen while Ipad has black bars on either end.

AirPlay Receiver on Windows and OSX

You can use this on your laptop to mirror you iOS screen as long as they are on the same wifi network.

It does not require Internet, so any old wifi router will do. Many are 12vdc so you can plug it directly into your car or use a cheap inverter and plug it into household power.

One thing I learned is that Ipad and iPhone mirror with different aspect ratios. iPhone will use the entire screen while Ipad has black bars on either end.

Here is a remote viewing station i built: it contains a wifi router,
Apple TV, and small inverter so all that is required for use is plugging it into a 12v outlet.

image.jpeg

Reactions: Huge Bama Fan
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peehead