DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Setting a specific location to fly to

One additional note; make sure you are close by when you run the mission with your finger on the cancel button; at least on the first run. I miss-judged the height of a tree and if I wasn't close by to watch it fly my Mavic would have flown sideways right into it.

So I just ordered my Mavic Pro, as an upgrade from my Traxxas Aton. The only thing I did not like about the Aton was that there is not FPV with a gopro. But i will keep it as a purely sport quad as it far outperforms the MP in that sense. But the MP is superior in every other way.

On to my question...
I am looking to create a time lapse like clip of my new house being built. Building starts in a few weeks. What i would love to do, would be to set a coordinate that the drone will fly to the same altitude and location, and i can snap the picture. That way they are all from the same angle and height. Is there a way to save a location in DJI GO4 that will let me do this. Any other thoughts on how to achieve this. I could of course just use my best guess, but then the images will never truly line up, even in post editing. For the front of the house I have a tree, that I am attaching a mount to. I will go and place my camera there to take an image every few days or so. Would like to be able to do the same with the MP. All help appreciated.

I had a similar situation when I was trying to learn about filters and their differences. I wanted to try to take the same photograph with each of 6 different filters. What I found best was to pick an object (a tree will do but you can use a stop sign) that is near the object you want to photograph such as your house. Then launch the MP and send it straight above the tree or stop sign until you have the image you wish to capture of your house. Look at the altitude and try to remember how you had the photo composed--the angle of the camera. Snap a few photos and you are done until the next day. Launch from the same location, go to the same altitude, compose the photo the same way and snap. It won't be perfect but even if you had specific GPS coordinates you can still be a few feet off one way or another the next day. And, of course, wind might move the MP around a bit. But overall you will achieve the image you want, I think. Hope this helps.

How about flying to the coordinates previously or a photo you like but not previously saved to a waypoint flight . Can I get information from exif and enter it manually ?

So I just ordered my Mavic Pro, as an upgrade from my Traxxas Aton. The only thing I did not like about the Aton was that there is not FPV with a gopro. But i will keep it as a purely sport quad as it far outperforms the MP in that sense. But the MP is superior in every other way.

On to my question...
I am looking to create a time lapse like clip of my new house being built. Building starts in a few weeks. What i would love to do, would be to set a coordinate that the drone will fly to the same altitude and location, and i can snap the picture. That way they are all from the same angle and height. Is there a way to save a location in DJI GO4 that will let me do this. Any other thoughts on how to achieve this. I could of course just use my best guess, but then the images will never truly line up, even in post editing. For the front of the house I have a tree, that I am attaching a mount to. I will go and place my camera there to take an image every few days or so. Would like to be able to do the same with the MP. All help appreciated.
GO4 allows you to save a mission, if you go to the build sit, you can launch and position the Mavic, while in the air, there is an option to save the mission, I believe under flight modes. Then you can load the mission and launch the Mavic to get your photo.

GO4 allows you to save a mission, if you go to the build sit, you can launch and position the Mavic, while in the air, there is an option to save the mission, I believe under flight modes. Then you can load the mission and launch the Mavic to get your photo.
yep thanks that is the pre-planned approach, but what if its post flight and not saved?. If i am reviewing a photo and want to replicate the shot ( approximately) at different time of day/season and would like to input coordinates to navigate aircraft to that location. Ie i would like to be able to read the long,lat, alt from the pic exif itself and then input it to fly to

1. USING PIC EXIF : results i get for altitude from the exif is a number i cant interpret t ie my approximate 97ft flight produced an altitude reading in the millions of digits
  2. LOOKING AT DJIGO4 FLIGHT LOG was my second approach by finding the spot oin the flight log where the aircraft was when i shot the pic is the altitude the changing number that is reflected on the line at the top of the DJI flight plan screen?

Last edited:
HI JMF

I have looked on both Apple and DJI sites but cannot find the software "DJI Ground Station Pro", can you please post a link to where I might get it from..
Many Thanks
Waylander

Try Titan drones if you are inquiring about a ground
Station of biblical proportions.
Titan makes the best amp up antenna on the market.
That’s only my humble opinion

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rejdmast