DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

shopping cart ready will be checking out today

Duse

Reactions
This is long and boring but any changes or suggestions

DJI Mavic Pro FLY MORE COMBO (
Amazon.com: DJI Mavic Pro FLY MORE COMBO Collapsible Quadcopter Starters Bundle: Electronics)
Crazepony Mavic Pro 5 in 1 Battery Charger Smart Multi Battery( Amazon.com: Crazepony Mavic Pro 5 in 1 Battery Charger Smart Multi Battery Intelligent Charging Hub for DJI Mavic Pro: Camera & Photo)

DJI Mavic Battery Intelligent Flight Battery - 3,830mAh/11.4V,

SKYREAT Upgraded Dji Mavic Pro Spark Tablet Ipad Mount Holder Bracket(
( Amazon.com : SKYREAT Upgraded Dji Mavic Pro Spark Tablet Ipad Mount Holder Bracket for Mavic Pro, DJI Spark Remote Controller : Camera & Photo )
OR THE MAVMOUNT (I will be useing Ipad air2)
Any suggestion on a filter,saw the Polar pro which is what I have for the P3 but the reviews wernt that great for the Mavic.
also seeing the Hooshion 4 in 1 RC Quadcopter Lens Filter Accessories ND4 8 16 32 HD Filter Set has much better reviews. Amazon.com: Hooshion 4 in 1 RC Quadcopter Lens Filter Accessories ND4 8 16 32 HD Filter Set for DJI MAVIC Pro Camera Lens UV Circular Polarizer Neutral Density Filters Parts (G-HD ND4+ND8+ND16+ND32): Automotive pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_p=2972357942&pd_rd_wg=8WLCo&pf_rd_r=972GJMWCCRX18CTD7M60&pf_rd_s=desktop-sx-bottom-slot&pf_rd_t=301&pd_rd_i=B01NH07SDT&pd_rd_w=In4P6&pf_rd_i=DJI+mavic&pd_rd_r=E54NV2CNSAY51BQWKH20&ie=UTF8&qid=1500805193&sr=3

UZOPI Upgraded Transport Clip Remote Controller Joystick Screen Guard Protector Thumb Rocker Stick Holder Bracket with Velcro Strap

I also wantted to know if the gimbal lock and lens protector dome and the extended land gear that comes with the fly more combo any good or should I order something else ?
Also will be getting a windsurfer and battery mod clip
Thanks for any tip or advice

Hi Duse, I would suggest replacing the cable connecting your phone / tablet to the remote. If you are using phone an amazon search for

'Anbee Nylon Braided Mavic Lightning to Micro-USB Cable, Android Micro-USB Cable for DJI Mavic Pro Drone, Fits iOS / Android Mobbile Phone and Tablets (Lightning Cable 9.3cm)'

I experienced a lot of app disconnects with dji's cable, but this seems to have stopped that happening. By the way I have no connection to any aftermarket sales companies

I also wantted to know if the gimbal lock and lens protector dome and the extended land gear that comes with the fly more combo any good or should I order something else ?
The gimbal lock is the OEM DJI lock/dome combination. It's a two-piece design. I've never had any trouble using mine (when attaching it like this).

If you want an all-in-one dome/lock, this lock works well and is easier to attach. I've been using it with my Mavic for a few weeks.

A lot of people are using the extended landing gear from the kit you linked above. I decided to go with this silicon set since it prevents the Mavic from sliding when landing on hard surfaces. If you want to see what else is available, I have a list of commonly used landing gear here.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mike357
Hi Duse, I would suggest replacing the cable connecting your phone / tablet to the remote. If you are using phone an amazon search for

'Anbee Nylon Braided Mavic Lightning to Micro-USB Cable, Android Micro-USB Cable for DJI Mavic Pro Drone, Fits iOS / Android Mobbile Phone and Tablets (Lightning Cable 9.3cm)'

I experienced a lot of app disconnects with dji's cable, but this seems to have stopped that happening. By the way I have no connection to any aftermarket sales companies
Great ,I'm on it,thank You

The gimbal lock is the OEM DJI lock/dome combination. It's a two-piece design. I've never had any trouble using mine (when attaching it like this).

If you want an all-in-one dome/lock, this lock works well and is easier to attach. I've been using it with my Mavic for a few weeks.

A lot of people are using the extended landing gear from the kit you linked above. I decided to go with this silicon set since it prevents the Mavic from sliding when landing on hard surfaces. If you want to see what else is available, I have a list of commonly used landing gear here.
I'm leaning more towards the gimble lock and lense protector ,probably the same ae what you linked me to Amazon.com: Aterox DJI Mavic Pro Gimbal Lock Camera Guard Protector Transport Fixed Lens Cover Accessories (Transparent Gray): Camera & Photo is it the same as what comes with the flymore combo Amazon.com: DJI Mavic Pro FLY MORE COMBO Collapsible Quadcopter Starters Bundle: Electronics
I'm liking the silicon set you linked
And I'm loving this link META-REVIEW: Complete list of Mavic features & what people are saying about it
That's great thanks

Yes, that's the same gimbal lock. There are a lot of different sellers selling the same thing on Amazon.

Jesus,thats shameful. I got the MP before the cable ,charged everything up and took her up ,within 2 mins lost signal ,2xs brought her back and used the cable from P3P ...no problems after that

Jesus,thats shameful. I got the MP before the cable ,charged everything up and took her up ,within 2 mins lost signal ,2xs brought her back and used the cable from P3P ...no problems after that

Yeah it's very poor quality control, imagine buying a new car and then having to replace the speedometer cable with an aftermarket cable because theirs doesn't work properly.
At least it's a cheap fix. I've taken her out a couple of miles in a few places since the latest side cable arrived and not had the slightest problem. Thumbswayup

Given what all you're buying you might want to consider not buying the fly-more combo kit and save some money buying things separately.

The fly-more combo is $300 for various accessories. Two extra batteries, that's $180. You're already buying a better 5-in-1 charger, so no need for the charging hub in the combo. The included bag isn't great. The extra microSD card is just OK. Do you really need the power bank adapter? All the other accessories included can be had cheap.

My recommendation would be to buy the regular Mavic Pro kit then spend the $300 on the accessories you'll actually use: Two extra batteries, the 5-in-1 charger, a case or back pack that suits your needs, a better 64 GB memory card, etc. And I bet you still come out cheaper.

Given what all you're buying you might want to consider not buying the fly-more combo kit and save some money buying things separately.

The fly-more combo is $300 for various accessories. Two extra batteries, that's $180. You're already buying a better 5-in-1 charger, so no need for the charging hub in the combo. The included bag isn't great. The extra microSD card is just OK. Do you really need the power bank adapter? All the other accessories included can be had cheap.

My recommendation would be to buy the regular Mavic Pro kit then spend the $300 on the accessories you'll actually use: Two extra batteries, the 5-in-1 charger, a case or back pack that suits your needs, a better 64 GB memory card, etc. And I bet you still come out cheaper.
Well ,its funny you say that.I was just looking at all the stuff I'm not going to use and put it in the MP box for storage ,,,,,,in the JUNK ROOM :confused:
In hindsight I should have done exactly as you suggested ,but I got the fly more como tuesday and your sound advice today:(
I will still use the charging hub at the house and the other charger in the
bag so theres that.Speaking of the bag,,,The case that came with the MP was useless to me so found a a old soft side lunch box type thing in the Junk room that works MUCH better,until I find what I want.The DJI case will go in the JUNK room:D until I find a use for it. Im thinking the midland radios,headsets & charger will fit in there nice. I just got batteries 4 & 5 today. Not real sure if Im liking the ipad air 2 with the MP. Might be to big for such a small controller ,might be going with the mini4

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
survey-rich