DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Should I buy Smart controller on Black Friday Sale along with the Mavic 2Pro

On smaller items or cheap items its probably easier to slip shipping to buyer, but with drones I think its around $40 by the time you add the extra insurance to cover around $1000 or more. Going the cheapest route at USPS flat rate boxes. UPS/FED ex probably much more. I know as a buyer I certainly look at that, my net costs when comparing sellers.
Shipping w DDS is always free fedex shipping (unless you order a screw set goes post office)

Here (Spain / Europe) the offer of Black Friday with Smart control is much more advantageous and economical ....2019-11-29 17_29_17-Dji Mavic 2 Pro + Smart Controller Comprar online al mejor precio en.png

Thanks. I am trending towards not getting the smart controller, and I love using my big screen iPad. I find it no hassle at all. When not using the iPad for flying my drone, it provides a portable TV streaming of news and programs in my bathroom
For those out there, get the combo and sell the SC for a tidy profit.

I have the smart controller . I love the screen in bright light. Like anything else it takes some getting used to I have a 9.7 iPad Pro that leaves a lot to be desired in direct sunlight. Personally the screen on the SC is not an issue for me.
my issue is how do you send short videos to someone not using youtube or face book?

I bought the SC for my Mavic 2 Pro but keeping my standard controller for now. I also wanted a larger screen than the SC but was happy with the 1,000NITS brightness. Then I found out about an amazing screen from Feel World. It is the FW279 and has an incredible 2,200 NITS 7 inch screen and the unit is very light weight. So it is brighter than the largest CS and a lot lighter and soooo much cheaper.

I bought mine as an open box on ebay for $177.50 but you can get them new for I believe $230 from B&H in New York or on ebay from other vendors. I bought a 3d printed light weight clamp for $44 from a guy on ebay to connect the SC to the FW279 monitor and since this 7 inch Feel World FW 279 has an HDMI in and out port and my SC has an HDMI out port, I just use a one foot HDMI to HDMI cable to connect the two.

I chose the camera view for the extra monitor on my SC and it sits above my SC so I have a larger super bright 7 inch view of my camera and use the SC for the other info coming from the drone. It is truly the best of both worlds and only adds about 1.5 to 2 minutes of extra setup time, which is well worth the larger and much brighter screen than anything else out there, from larger iPads to very expensive and heavy CS monitors. Nothing beats this set up for weight, brightness and cost, because I have search and searched.

So if you are happy with an added monitor with a SC then this is the one you need. Yes the iPad is a larger screen but it costs more, is no where near as bright as the FW 279 and the mounting bracket is more costly, to attach to a smart controller. The 7 inch screen is a good compromise and as I mentioned, no maker out there can match the 2,200 NITS of this monitors screen. Do a search on the Feel World FW 279 monitor and read the specs and all that it does, you'll be amazed and thanks to who ever first posted about it, so I found out about it. I know there are several of us out there who now use this set up and no one has regretted this setup.

Hey Dale. Wondering what you decided to purchase. Did you get the Mavic 2?
Yes-I finally was completely satisfied about purchasing from DJI Drone Service and Steve , after doing all of my due diligence. The service was great, and the discount on top of the Black Friday price was great, and I am totally happy with DDS. I am so thrilled not to have to deal with DJI any more than I absolutely have to. The Mavic 2 Pro came Fed Ex on Saturday, Nov. 30 as predicted along with the Fly More Kit an DJI Refresh code which I immediately activated before activating the drone even though they say I had 48 hours.

I did not get the Smart Controller and I am happy with that decision. I use my big screen 9 1/2 inch iPad as I always did with the Mavic Air. Now really thinking about selling the Mavic Air. It is practically new since it was replaced by DJI and only has 20 minutes of time on it.
After two days of watching You Tubes and adjusting my settings, I ventured out my back door and did the attached panorama of three shots stitched together in Photoshop (not created by the drone).

Attachments

• Panorama-Destacada.jpg
    994 KB · Views: 13
Reactions: DDS
Dale,

Thanks to your original post and DDS’ reply with the current offer, I started to think about getting the Mavic 2 Pro somewhere other than the source. Then your last post did the trick, and I just ordered full kit from DDS. Spoke with John and my order should ship tomorrow. Can’t wait...!!!

BTW, your panorama is fantastic! Our plans are to put a 3D scanner on the Mavic 2 Pro but if that doesn’t work out, I’ll be back to you for some Photoshop tips...!!! :)

Dale,

Thanks to your original post and DDS’ reply with the current offer, I started to think about getting the Mavic 2 Pro somewhere other than the source. Then your last post did the trick, and I just ordered full kit from DDS. Spoke with John and my order should ship tomorrow. Can’t wait...!!!

BTW, your panorama is fantastic! Our plans are to put a 3D scanner on the Mavic 2 Pro but if that doesn’t work out, I’ll be back to you for some Photoshop tips...!!! :)
Hey Naseerkhan- I was from Chicago- born and bred and raised all the way up through Med school and internship- now living in Miami since 1970. I am so glad that my interchange helped others make up their minds about the M2P. I am thrilled with it after using it for the past three days- it is much quieter, and handles like a professional instrument. I was quite happy with DDS and their treatment of my purchase and look forward to interchanges with them for any problems rather than DJI. Feel free to communicate with me - I am not a Photoshop expert but I know my way around what I need to do with the program for my purposes. I actually did the panorama totally in photoshop although the drone would have done it.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NIKLM