DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Should I keep my IPhone 6 for $150 or not?

I'm with you, I don't like using my Iphone for "flight control". I'd rather keep my Iphone for other purposes. Do what I did, just buy a dedicated Ipad. I bought an Ipad Mini 4. I've found even the Ipad Air 2 works with the DJI drones. Look for refurbished ones or used ones on CL...

I flew this morning using an iPad Air 2. Beautifully detailed video, easy to read flight information, maps, and radar. Just too **** heavy. Maybe I bought the wrong mount.Back to the iPhone I guess.

I'm with you, I don't like using my Iphone for "flight control". I'd rather keep my Iphone for other purposes. Do what I did, just buy a dedicated Ipad. I bought an Ipad Mini 4. I've found even the Ipad Air 2 works with the DJI drones. Look for refurbished ones or used ones on CL...
I like the portability of my small 7 but like you I didn't want to use that as my "Only" screen so I was in the market for a iPad mini 4 when I found out that my iPad Air 2 works as well. I have an iPad mini 1 that's in pristine shape (literally never use it outside of pandora streaming for the house) but didn't realize until last week that this model is not compatible ... so instead of dropping more money on another tablet I bought a mavic tablet holder from DirtyJProductions (I think that the seller) on Etsy for 35 and a 3TB external drive for all of my flight vids. Seems like a solid setup & a Better use of my money. I am ready to use the bigger screen while flying.

Yeah, I use an Ipad Air 2 as well. Sometimes my eyes bug me or I want to see greater detail, so I'll pop in my Ipad Air 2 using the Mavmount....

I like the portability of my small 7 but like you I didn't want to use that as my "Only" screen so I was in the market for a iPad mini 4 when I found out that my iPad Air 2 works as well. I have an iPad mini 1 that's in pristine shape (literally never use it outside of pandora streaming for the house) but didn't realize until last week that this model is not compatible ... so instead of dropping more money on another tablet I bought a mavic tablet holder from DirtyJProductions (I think that the seller) on Etsy for 35 and a 3TB external drive for all of my flight vids. Seems like a solid setup & a Better use of my money. I am ready to use the bigger screen while flying.

Note: I was going to post this question but as I got to the end of typing it up it seemed the answer was pretty clear. But there may be something I haven't considered so why waste all that typing? End Note

I just upgraded from an iPone 6 to a 7 because it was time and it's only abt $7 a month more than I was paying for the six. Although I honestly still don't know what the 7 does compared to the 6 that is useful to me.

I don't like taking my active cell phone out of its case and hooking up the connector when I want to fly. I'm sure it's me.

So I can keep the 6, pay $150 for it and have a dedicated cell phone for the Mavic,
or send it back and not pay $150 and either use the 7 when needed or put the $ towards an IPad Mini or something.

I do have a 3rd gen IPad but it seems to not be compatible with DJI Go.

I hope to start using MP for real estate jobs soon now that I got my 107 so I should probably go for the mini.

I'm going to run out of time to return my 6 pretty soon so please hurry up guys!

Thanks!
Either keep the phone (6) or get a IPAD Mini 4 is just my advice.
You can always sell the 6 later on too.
Not sure if this helps... but just some thoughts on the phone vs. the ipad

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deepdark