DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Shutter Sound

skystud1

Reactions
I’ve seen multiple posts on this topic, however none of them have resolved my issue. I have a new MA 2 and an iPhone XR. I’ve turned the volume down on my phone, flipped the switch to silent, yet every time a photo is taken it makes the shutter noise. Any suggestions? It gets pretty old when doing hyperlapse photos.

Thanks.

Some sounds do come from the RC, but I didn't think shutter sound would be one of them. You can test by taking a photo with the RC but phone disconnected from RC. You probably don't need to be flying to take pictures.

Some sounds do come from the RC, but I didn't think shutter sound would be one of them. You can test by taking a photo with the RC but phone disconnected from RC. You probably don't need to be flying to take pictures.

The shutter sounds 100% come from the phone/tablet and not the RC.

Have you tied turning the volume down once you are in the app.
Some apps have a default volume setting.
It has surprised me more than once.

Fixed it. Had to take a photo at the same I used the volume slider on the phone.

That was probably to create media output to have the physical volume buttons control it, otherwise it would control ring volume.

Many phones if you adjust the volume you see it in the display for a moment. You'll probably see a pull down near the volume display. If you click on that, you can adjust all the volumes: ringtone, media, notifications and system.

On my S20 FE, there's an option to have the volume buttons default to control media volume.

Reactions: dawgpilot