DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Side slip after 'turning'/yawing in slow lateral flight, is there a reason DJI software does not prevent it?

• Thread starter Deleted member 103366
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 103366

I have been meaning to ask for a while but never got round to it.
The basic physics is obvious, inertia, but DJI could, as far as I know, have opted to have the drone bank/tilt to remove the sideslip and then level out.
I say slow lateral flight because the drone is only close enough and low enough to see this in slow flights.

Reactions: Camino Ken
I have noticed the same flight behavior as you. i chalked it up to inertia as well. I agree that it seems like they could have programmed the FC to make more precise turns but didn’t. Maybe it makes for smoother filming?

The basic physics is obvious, inertia, but DJI could, as far as I know, have opted to have the drone bank/tilt to remove the sideslip and then level out.
I say slow lateral flight because the drone is only close enough and low enough to see this in slow flights.
I give it a little aileron input if I want the drone to do a banking turn, kinda like when flying r/c gliders/planes.

I have noticed that they do build roll into yaw turns in the Mavic air 2

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dronecc