DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

SIGNAL BOOSTER For M2Pro

Eric Wong

Reactions
Hi Guys,any recommendations for Signal Booster/Range Extender to be fitted to my Mavic2 Pro?

I have the same question. I'm using the factory standard controller.

Okay...You talking about digging in to your equipment and adding some form of powered signal booster, or using a simple parabolic add on to the RC?

Hi Guys,any recommendations for Signal Booster/Range Extender to be fitted to my Mavic2 Pro?

I would say with a M2P it's a waste of time, Ocusync 2.0 is already as good as it gets

Ocusync 2.0 on the M2s can reach many times the VLOS unless there is a mountain in the way. What scenario requires a boost to that signal?

So there are no areas i can fly where the distance is hampered (or the video feedback gets choppy) due to interference? I had that a lot with my P3P, so I used parabolic attachments. I didn't need to fly out of VLOS -- I just wanted to fly along the waterfront in a dense urban area, without getting iffy signals that were well within distance spec of the system (even though there were no obstacles between).

This never happens anymore with Ocusync 2.0?

Chris

Reactions: TJXdroneography
I would say with a M2P it's a waste of time, Ocusync 2.0 is already as good as it gets
Absolutely, but if you have a remote control labeled 1B, then the signal is much weaker. Many people do not pay attention to this, but I know many pilots who have 1B remote control and they can fly only at 2.5km maximum. But if you have a remote control with with the 1A mark, it makes no sense to redo anything. I have a 1A remote control and I installed Signal-Boost from the NLD and my signal increased by 30% minimum. Therefore, I recommend everyone to pay attention to the marking of their remote control. One question; why DJI does not warns before buying?

Reactions: MavicDelight
Well i always got a weak signal mainly that a fly where heavy with pine trees since i added a set of skids and lights to the drone never had that problem and dont know the answer why but happy to sèe the different

Absolutely, but if you have a remote control labeled 1B, then the signal is much weaker. Many people do not pay attention to this, but I know many pilots who have 1B remote control and they can fly only at 2.5km maximum. But if you have a remote control with with the 1A mark, it makes no sense to redo anything. I have a 1A remote control and I installed Signal-Boost from the NLD and my signal increased by 30% minimum. Therefore, I recommend everyone to pay attention to the marking of their remote control. One question; why DJI does not warns before buying?
Is the 1A OR 1B in the serial number?

I have an M2P and factory controller, where is the mark that you mentioned?

I have an M2P and factory controller, where is the mark that you mentioned?
Turn the remote control over, and you can see the sticker on the back side, there is this marking to the left above. The whole thing is the transmitter that is directly installed in the remote control, and in 1B it is much weaker. The situation with the Mavic Mini is absolutely identical, only in Mavic Mini also has a weak signal transmitter in the drone itself, they have different boards for FCC and CE. With Mavic 2, the situation is much simpler, the difference is in the remotes. Therefore, there is no point in redoing with the Ocusinc 2.0 system since it sends a signal for 12 km and more, it is already 100% verified, but only if your remote control 1A. Good luck, and I hope that you are lucky ... with the remote control.

Attachments

• 649394D1-2B0E-42D9-94AA-3D14A5FA58CA.jpeg
    649394D1-2B0E-42D9-94AA-3D14A5FA58CA.jpeg
    782.1 KB · Views: 146
Last edited:
With a strong signal 1A, but with a weak signal transmission 1B, it does not make it possible to fly further than 2.5km (in the open area) and even less in the city.
How far away can you still see your craft in a city and what are you flying over to get to that distance?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rambezito