DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Signal Boosters. Fact or Fiction?

MrStark

Reactions
There's been a few times that I've flown my Mavic still within sight in an open area and I get some type of cut-off on my screen (static or fuzz) as if its losing service or is in an area with a lot of interference. Was debating on purchasing a pair of signal boosters. My question to all my fellow Mavic pilots is, do they even really work? I know they're only about $10 USD plus tax but if its all a myth, I'd rather spend that money on a 6 pack :D. All jokes aside, I've read some stories where these boosters mess up the antennas (they scratch the antenna when putting on and taking off, they're very tight they break the antenna when trying to remove), stuff like that. If anyone could please shed some light on this I'd really appreciate it.

P.S
Again, thanks to all that have answered some of my questions on a few concerns in my other threads
Thumbswayup

There's been a few times that I've flown my Mavic still within sight in an open area and I get some type of cut-off on my screen (static or fuzz) as if its losing service or is in an area with a lot of interference. Was debating on purchasing a pair of signal boosters. My question to all my fellow Mavic pilots is, do they even really work? I know they're only about $10 USD plus tax but if its all a myth, I'd rather spend that money on a 6 pack :D. All jokes aside, I've read some stories where these boosters mess up the antennas (they scratch the antenna when putting on and taking off, they're very tight they break the antenna when trying to remove), stuff like that. If anyone could please shed some light on this I'd really appreciate it.

P.S
Again, thanks to all that have answered some of my questions on a few concerns in my other threads
Thumbswayup

No. Others my say yes but...no. Try it yourself id say. The only good way is REAL amps (in some cases an upgrade-antenna also can work) In either case you will have to mod your remote to fit standard rp-sma female connectors.

Reactions: SkyNinja
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jodyjoe22