DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Silicone Motor Dust Cover

my only concern with them is motor cooling and balance as they appear to spin with the motor

Reactions: Andz
Last edited:
you wold probably be better in investing in a take off -landing pad they come in many shapes and designs and because the mavics stance is close to the ground they protect the props and motors from ingress or damage they are also useful if you use the precision take off as they give the sensors a good reference point for the return to home there are also many types of landing leg extensions the lift the mavic further away from the ground

Last edited:
Learn how to hand launch\land or use a pad. If these work, they would only help protect the motors but the gimgal and air intake are still vulnerable to fine grit intrusion.

Reactions: Andz
I thought the caps are used when you remove the props for travel! The opens in the top and bottom of the motor are for cooling of the stator! The windings heat up when current runs through them. I’m a old motor sales guy. Larger motors same principle. The rotor is the part the props attach to. My two cents....

Also, I would imagine they use motor winding load to sense high winds! Props work harder fractional amp or current draw increases then high wind alert and battery percentage drops dramatically. Lol

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bobsuruncle