DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Hanatora charger keep batteries at 60%

jeplane

Reactions
So I don't fly much. Maybe once or twice a month. (M4P)
Should I purchase the Hanatora charger to keep the batteries at 60% most of the time?
Do you guys still leave the batteries on this charger unattended? I am hesitant leaving Lithium batteries on their own on a charger without supervision...

Reactions: Chris4koi
The Mini 4 Pro batteries will Auto Discharge to 60% after roughly 9-10 days of storage.

I'm copying this from @Abner055

From the MINI 4 users Manual: (only relevant sections posted)

Auto-Discharging Function: to prevent swelling, the battery automatically discharges to 96% battery level when it is idle for three days and automatically discharges to 60% battery level when it is idle for nine days. Note that it is normal for the battery to emit heat during the discharging process.

Over-Discharge Protection: discharging stops automatically to prevent excess discharge when the battery is not in use. Over-discharge protection is not enabled when the battery is in use.

Hibernation Mode: if the battery is less than 10% when the aircraft is idle, the battery enters Hibernation mode to prevent over-discharge. Charge the battery to wake it from hibernation.

You can download the Users manual at: DJI Mini 4 Pro - Download Center - DJI

No, you NEVER leave a Lithium battery permanently on the charger... & you never charge it unattended either.

You either actively place it between 40-60% by flying it low & then charge it up & take it out from the charger between 1 solid+one blinking - 2 solid+one blinking LED's... or you charge them full after use & then let the battery auto discharge functionality bring it down to 60%.

AND... before every flight session you give them a fresh full charge, you don't use a battery that have been laying around for a couple weeks, whatever the LED's say about the charge level.

Last edited:
Should I purchase the Hanatora charger to keep the batteries at 60% most of the time?
Like leave them on the charger while not in use? No.

Do you guys still leave the batteries on this charger unattended?
Never. While charging DJI batteries is a fairly safe thing to do (people rarely run into issues), a battery fire could be quite devastating/deadly.

So I don't fly much. Maybe once or twice a month.
Follow this guide to ensure you don't damage your batteries:

Thanks all for your answers. I appreciate it.

Reactions: WShade
No, you NEVER leave a Lithium battery permanently on the charger... & you never charge it unattended either.

You either actively place it between 40-60% by flying it low & then charge it up & take it out from the charger between 1 solid+one blinking - 2 solid+one blinking LED's... or you charge them full after use & then let the battery auto discharge functionality bring it down to 60%.

AND... before every flight session you give them a fresh full charge, you don't use a battery that have been laying around for a couple weeks, whatever the LED's say about the charge level.
not sure if this will help .. I typically fly my A2S batteries down to 22%. Then I put the batteries them back on the DJI standard charger (1 at a time) for 22 minutes and this brings the batteries to 2 solid + 1 blinking LED.

Last edited:
Due to the risk that the cells is unbalanced, either after the battery have been earlier flown low or auto/self discharged (especially if the battery is worn)... neither of these discharges keep the cell balance under control.

If this have happened, it's no guarantee that the BMS pick this up when it initially indicate a percentage when the drone is powered on, usually the indication will be way to high compared to what the battery actually can deliver.

Once the amp draw increases after take off the batteries weakest cell will take the most beating & will be pushed even further down than the others... when the BMS notice that the battery doesn't behave as expected it immediately will indicate 0% & the "critical low voltage auto landing" will start.

So having the habit to always fully charge a battery before getting airborne (which includes a cell balancing in the end of the charge cycle) gives the BMS a better possibility to estimate & keep track of the battery consumption from the beginning. If the battery is severely worn with a cell significantly weaker than the others, a full charge will not work, the cell risk to crash during flight anyway.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
devilsown