DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What's so special about this brand of battery ?

skered53-464

Reactions
It looks like it is a Li-Ion Battery. Original Mini 2 batteries are Li-Po. Li-Ion batteries make the drone fly longer, however they normally make it less powerful.

Reactions: drakkor
Thanks Yaros, I'm just now reading about the original mini batteries being different.

Rather than start a new thread... I purchased a mini 2 charging hub with 2 batteries supposedly refurbished from dronesuperstore on e-bay , the charger has a nice bulge in it, I assume from a swollen battery ??.

Also the batt's arrived with 5% charge on them. They do not seem swollen and no splits in the seams.

I charged the batts, no swelling. I'm kinda leery to use the slot where the swelling is....

I reckon I should just went directly to DJI, live n learn.

Attachments

• swollen charger.jpg
    swollen charger.jpg
    14.9 KB · Views: 35
Reactions: Yaros
I saw that price as well
They must be real proud of that battery. Original DJI batteries sell for $55, same 2250 mah.
. we'll see if three are enough for me for now....

It would be a slow day salmon fishing to burn through 3 batteries, that plus I have a USB thing that plugs into the lighter adapter looking power outlet on the boat. Yes, I have sat anchored for 6 hours without a bite, and yes trolled for same amount of time and gotten skunked...
Looking fwd to getting video of the boat this spring/summer/fall.

Also the original Mini (1) batteries were black in color. While they could be used in a Mini 2 (but a Mini 2 battery can't be used in a Mini) , they can't provide the peak amperage the Mini 2 batteries can.
I have a mini battery (li-on) that I regularly use in the Mini 2 ... it seems to have just as much power, hard to tell, but flight times reduced about 20% .. You can't use a mini 2 (li-po) battery in a mini cause it's bigger, and wont fit.

My understanding was always was that LiPo is a type of Li-Ion battery.
Polymer is the solid gel-like electrolyte, but (older) Li-Ion cells have a liquid electrolyte.

It may not be wrong to call a LiPo battery Li-Ion. Happy to learn if anybody knows more about battery chemistry.

Having said all this, a much higher price than the original can't be right.

It would be a slow day salmon fishing to burn through 3 batteries, that plus I have a USB thing that plugs into the lighter adapter looking power outlet on the boat. Yes, I have sat anchored for 6 hours without a bite, and yes trolled for same amount of time and gotten skunked...
Looking fwd to getting video of the boat this spring/summer/fall.
Thats why they call it Fishing and Not Catching LOL