DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Single batteries in the UK in stock?

kaotix

Reactions
Does anyone know anywhere in the UK with batteries in stock? I got the normal version mini with 1 battery and although I don't "need" another battery yet it would be handy to have at least 1 more in case I find the need to fly longer at a single location.

Even the DJI site list them as a few weeks delivery right now.

Possibly eBay may be an option. They seem to be in short supply and the prices are way up.
I jumped on a few extras when I saw them a week ago and now have six.
Lucky me.

Possibly eBay may be an option. They seem to be in short supply and the prices are way up.
I jumped on a few extras when I saw them a week ago and now have six.
Lucky me.

We know where they've all gone then ?

Maybe I should change the word “luck” to “strategy”.

Yeh I'm gonna set an alert for batteries on eBay but I don't think I'll see any. There's one there now for £79.99 next day delivery ?

I'll also do the old Google search notification to keep an eye out too

Might also be as they might recall and change battery design if they can't fix problem in software . Just a thought with no evidence so don't panic.
They might just be holding on to them till the fully know what is going on with all the error messages the batteries are causing with ESC .
Will it be hardware or software issue , I see a few possibilities.
1 reduce power of drone
2 change batteries
3 fix with software update
4 do nothing meaning we manually launch off power when receive error message .
We will see !!!!!.

Alternatively every thing I said is rubbish and they just under produced and are out of stock .
What do you all think?

Question regarding these claims of esc problems.
After looking at some of the logs that were posted, am I wrong in seeing a heavy hand on the controls? I’m wondering if people are thinking this little machine has no limits, and are disappointed that DJI has built in some limits and warnings to insure proper use.
I‘m certainly not the technical expert on hardware that requires electricity to do it‘s job, so chime in and educate me.

Surely they equipped it with ESCs only capable of drawing amps that battery can provide. The concern would be that "punching it" would increase the amp draw to something over the remaining capacity of the cells causing these warnings which should really be limited through software.

If you imagine trying to do some fast movement with a relatively low battery it would think it requires say 40amps but the remaining battery capacity might be half that causing the warnings.
It would make more sense to suppress the warnings and simply limit the performance under such circumstances.
Let's be honest, warnings cause panic and this drone is not aimed at people who understand what's going on.

This is my assumption, I have no idea what the onboard ESCs are rated to

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bmo4