DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Single motor shut off during attempted CSC

Bungie

Reactions
I made the stupid mistake of trying to use the CSC shutoff in order to turn the motors off once I had landed - I had a brain fart. The Mavic went backwards and made contact with a wall at an angle, and before the CSC shutoff completed, a single motor shut down as its propeller struggled and failed against the wall. I then initiated a shutoff successfully for the other 3 props.

I have now inspected the propellers (taking them off), inspected the Mavic, seen that all sensors in the DJI Go app are reporting ok, and have made a short trial flight without an issue.

First question: can I consider myself lucky at this point, or are there any other checks I ought to be making / things to be aware of?

Second question: does anybody know if this is a safety feature, and if so does it only apply the Mavic?

Cheers

This is the reason I never use a CSC to shut down. It's too easy to mistakenly move one of the levers a split second before the other, and the result is that the Mavic flips over and damages the props. I use the 'right stick down for 3 seconds' command to shut down. Easy and safe.

I would imagine yiou're fine; if the props weren't damaged and there are no messages, then take it for a simple safe flight out in a wide open field somewhere and just make sure it handles okay.

cheers,

Ian in London.

This is the reason I never use a CSC to shut down. It's too easy to mistakenly move one of the levers a split second before the other, and the result is that the Mavic flips over and damages the props. I use the 'right stick down for 3 seconds' command to shut down. Easy and safe.

I would imagine yiou're fine; if the props weren't damaged and there are no messages, then take it for a simple safe flight out in a wide open field somewhere and just make sure it handles okay.

cheers,

Ian in London.
I think that's Left stick

Ah.. Didn't realize the Mode applied to landing. Makes sense. Thanks.

England too, when I first got the drone it was defaulted to mode 2. As an aside I tried to customise the controls but it seems to invert everything. Used to mode 2 now

I think that's Left stick
My apologies :) It is indeed LEFT stick down for 3 seconds...... We stick to Mode 2 ; I just wrote that a little early this morning before my first tea.... :)

With earlier phantoms any obstruction would soon burn out the ESCs but now safety systems seem to stop this happening.

This is what I suspected.

I took the Mavic for a 40min spin yesterday with no issues, so I'm happy.

Thanks for the input everyone.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Venture3344555