DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

SkyWatch ai insurance

JohnnyD913

Reactions
Do any of you use SkyWatch online drone ins?
U can pay hourly, monthly, or yearly..
$500 a year
$60 a month
$10 an hour
I have my 107 and is there better ins. I should know about especially since I’m going to be flying commercially?
Thank u..

I have used their hourly policy once for a commercial real estate shoot. Then, I took a closer look at their fine print which you sort of have to dig for. It's in their FAQ's and was not articulated this way anywhere in the general App that I could see where you activate the policy.

This is the direct language:

SkyWatch.AI's insurance policy provides liability coverage including:

• Bodily Injury
  • Property Damage
  • Personal Injuries and invasion of privacy claims

In addition, SkyWatch.AI covers Medical Expenses for up to 500$.

It's that final line which I underlined that I had an issue with. I then sent them an email asking for clarification, in which I proposed a very possible scenario of the UAV being struck by a bird and then falling out of the sky onto a person. This would very likely result in significantly greater than $500.00 in medical expenses. A simple ambulance trip to the hospital cost more than that. They did respond with what I interpreted to be a fairly vague reply stating that the liability limits on all policies range from $.5M to $5M, and the $500.00 medical expense clause is for minor injuries not involving litigation...or something like that. I have not used them since. I don't feel comfortable with that sentence. It seems like a plausible way for them to attempt to deny payment for a claim that would certainly be higher than that if there was a bodily injury incident.

I have since started using Verifly. They also offer hourly coverage via an APP (iOS/Android), and they do not have the clause above in their fine print.

Hi there,

One correction regarding the Medical Expenses, they do not replace the indemnity payments for bodily injury which is up to the policy's max liability limit. More about Medical Expense.

As always, our support team is available for any questions or requests at [email protected]. More ways to contact us at our support center.
If that is the case, could you please explain why you include the underlined clause above in Post #2. Why is it necessary to make that addition?

If that is the case, could you please explain why you include the underlined clause above in Post #2. Why is it necessary to make that addition?

"Medical payouts" are very common with insurance policies. It means they will pay that amount out for medical expenses prior to you being sued. If you do end up getting sued, the full liability coverage amount is available.

Often this is done because it's cheaper to agree to just automatically pay out a small amount to keep people happy, and avoid the expense and risk of litigation.

Note: check your auto insurance policy and you'll likely find a similar provision.

Hi there,

One correction regarding the Medical Expenses, they do not replace the indemnity payments for bodily injury which is up to the policy's max liability limit. More about Medical Expense.

As always, our support team is available for any questions or requests at [email protected]. More ways to contact us at our support center.
Well, I'm in the process of starting with Skywatch, and the fact that someone from that co is on this forum, and answering questions, is a big plus for that company in my opinion.

I have used their hourly policy once for a commercial real estate shoot. Then, I took a closer look at their fine print which you sort of have to dig for. It's in their FAQ's and was not articulated this way anywhere in the general App that I could see where you activate the policy.

This is the direct language:

SkyWatch.AI's insurance policy provides liability coverage including:

• Bodily Injury
  • Property Damage
  • Personal Injuries and invasion of privacy claims

In addition, SkyWatch.AI covers Medical Expenses for up to 500$.

It's that final line which I underlined that I had an issue with. I then sent them an email asking for clarification, in which I proposed a very possible scenario of the UAV being struck by a bird and then falling out of the sky onto a person. This would very likely result in significantly greater than $500.00 in medical expenses. A simple ambulance trip to the hospital cost more than that. They did respond with what I interpreted to be a fairly vague reply stating that the liability limits on all policies range from $.5M to $5M, and the $500.00 medical expense clause is for minor injuries not involving litigation...or something like that. I have not used them since. I don't feel comfortable with that sentence. It seems like a plausible way for them to attempt to deny payment for a claim that would certainly be higher than that if there was a bodily injury incident.

I have since started using Verifly. They also offer hourly coverage via an APP (iOS/Android), and they do not have the clause above in their fine print.
Thanks for the info. Ibeill check the Verifly. Hope they have it here in canada. Thanks

I used SkyWatch. I like the fact I can pay Monthly and have a 1 million policy, and then up it as I need on a job to job basis. I also like that I can add a client to the policy while I’m doing a job to cover them if something happens. It gives people peace of mind in case I crash and give the neighbors show poodle a hair cut a day before a big show and they try to sue the client because they hired me.
I hope I never have to use them, but it’s there.
The app is easy to use. No complaints so far.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CtrlAltDlt