DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Smartcontroller and app

I would say more of a “not yet” than a hard no. Android is open source and it’s only a matter of time (if it hasn’t been done already) before somebody roots the firmware and makes a side load available for Google Play. Amazon Fire’s are not designed to be compatible with Play either but a 2 minute Google search and 5 minutes of downloaded software/apps make it available.

It has been rooted but as of now... no. Then are are running unsupported and upgrading could become an issue unless your Android/ADB/TWRP skills are on point.

Not trying to start anything, just saying it’s totally possible. Watched a video of adding the amazon AppStore to the smart controller already. As a huge follower of the past decade of the Apple jailbreaking community, anything is possible and I’d bet there are plenty more highly skilled programmers/coders on the outside of Apple, Google, and DJI than there are in the companies.

Not trying to start anything, just saying it’s totally possible. Watched a video of adding the amazon AppStore to the smart controller already. As a huge follower of the past decade of the Apple jailbreaking community, anything is possible and I’d bet there are plenty more highly skilled programmers/coders on the outside of Apple, Google, and DJI than there are in the companies.

I made that video. ;) Or at least one of them. I have been rooting mucking with Android for 6+ years Unix for 25+ years

There are A LOT of talented people in the Android community but unless they have the radio in their hands it is almost impossible to work on solutions. Sometimes the community will buy certain developer a phone so they will root and hack it but yes. I am sure by the end of the year someone will get the google store running on the radio. Will it be easy enough for the common man? maybe.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zenbookwriting