DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

So have I just lost 3MP of camera data?

kaitlyn

Reactions
Surely shooting RAW doesn't cause you to lose 25% of the camera data? My DNGs seem to be 16:9 instead of 4:3.

It was bad enough that the mavic was randomly switching to JPG (which I didn't always notice), but why would it CROP a fricking raw file... that's hardly RAW?

I'm kind of pissed because I just took it with me for over 2 months, and I backed up the photos but I didn't look at them. And now, all of them, are cropped? Very disappointing.

Tell me I'm wrong and the data is actually there!?

You have your settings set to 16:9. You need to change them to 4:3 in the photo settings.

That really sucks. I certainly don't recall setting that - absolutely no reason I would do that.

Cropping the DNG RAW file just seems entirely pointless. Ugh, annoying. Not sure if I want to scream or cry. 100s of photos with lost resolution due to the crop.

That really sucks. I certainly don't recall setting that - absolutely no reason I would do that.

Cropping the DNG RAW file just seems entirely pointless. Ugh, annoying. Not sure if I want to scream or cry. 100s of photos with lost resolution due to the crop.
I had that problem too at the beginning. I just set it to 4:3 and it stayed that way. So I think you should cry it off instead, fix the settings, and enjoy the glorious photos you'll take in the future.

Reactions: Bunny Too
Active track sadly resets the camera settings. At least it does on the .400 FW, every time you turn it on it says optimising camera settings and switches to 16:9, JPG and AUTO exposure. It's really annoying having to change everything back to RAW etc when using active track.

Active track sadly resets the camera settings. At least it does on the .400 FW, every time you turn it on it says optimising camera settings and switches to 16:9, JPG and AUTO exposure. It's really annoying having to change everything back to RAW etc when using active track.

This.is.so.stupid.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
InspectorTom