DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Some INTELLIGENT attemps at indoor flight and footage

Now that you mention the ceiling thing it makes sense, that is likely why mine started to rise as it got close to it.

How much better are the cages than regular prop guards? I could see the prop guards as I have em now getting caught on an object where the cage would not but not easily

i have not used prop guards, but cages are pretty much the ultimate in protecting mavic and items in your house. It protects the propellers from all sides, including top and bottom.

There are disadvantages. Mavic with prop guards is super loud. So loud that i find it uncomfortable to be in the same room without ear plugs. Not many of the reviews mention this....which is odd.....because its really really loud. Your flight time is cut in half. Also, if flying outdoors....the wind really affects mavic if the prop guards are on and it is breezy.

here is a youtube video i made with mavic and cages....

Mavic with prop guards is super loud.

So loud that i find it uncomfortable to be in the same room without ear plugs. Not many of the reviews mention this....which is odd.....because its really really loud. Your flight time is cut in half. Also, if flying outdoors....the wind really affects mavic if the prop guards are on and it is breezy.

I am sure you meant Mavic with prop cages, with the guards it should be the usual noise level.

It would be the fact the special cage props supplied with these are shorter, yes ?
The motors work harder / faster = more noise ?
Probably this could be why outside flight in breeze is not as stable too.

You are correct. I meant with cages...

I am sure you meant Mavic with prop cages, with the guards it should be the usual noise level.

It would be the fact the special cage props supplied with these are shorter, yes ?

Reactions: MAvic_South_Oz
There are multiple factors.

Mavic uses smaller props, which alone are not much noisier than stock. They do likely provide less lift. Combined with cages that are realatively heavy, it forces the motors to spin faster/work harder. It even gives motor speed warnings while flying indoors.

The cages have a lot of surface area for the wind to push against outside, and function like giant sails. Combines with extra weight and small props.

The cages are great but they seem less well thought out than mavic. Mavic itself seems to be beautifully engineered while the cages seem a little rough around the edges.

iole

Reactions: MAvic_South_Oz
Thanks for the insights iole.
I have guards, and have only ever used them once for simple testing, they helped with walls, larger tree trunks etc.
I'm more into outdoors flight, so might only ever use them is minimal times, maybe filming derelict buildings etc.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peehead