DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Some questions about firmware updating

Robert Leigh

Reactions
I'd be very grateful if people here could help me with some queries.

I bought a Mavic Pro recently and I've been trying to get it up and running but have come up against a few problems. The instructions I got from the Internet said you should instal any firmware upgrades it wants you to, so I tried to do that, but I have a few questions.

1) The firmware downloaded OK, then it went to 'install' , kwith an animation of a paper dart flying out of a box, but when it got to 99% it just stayed there for ten minutes or more, so I just gave up (I was in a friend's flat, using his wi-fi, and he needed to be somewhere else). So can anyone suggest what went wrong?

2) Since I interrupted the firmware upgrade, will there be an incomplete upgrade in there, that might cause problems, or will the craft and controller have just stuck with the original firmware?

3) Can anyone tell you if you still need to be connected to the Internet once the firmware goes from 'downloading' to 'installing?'

4) Just before I clicked on the button to accept the firmware upgrade, I read a notice (in tiny lettering) that said something about it only allowing a maximum altitude of 30 metres and a maximum difference of 50 metres 'when not connected to the app'. I haven't the faintest idea what this means - can anyone enlighten me please? And if this turns out to be too restrictive, can you ditch the upgrade?

I'd really appreciate any input here. Thanks.

The firmware downloaded OK, then it went to 'install' , kwith an animation of a paper dart flying out of a box, but when it got to 99% it just stayed there for ten minutes or more, so I just gave up (I was in a friend's flat, using his wi-fi, and he needed to be somewhere else). So can anyone suggest what went wrong?
I often have trouble when downloading firmware updates in DJI GO over Wi-Fi. I have the best results when I disable Wi-Fi and download the firmware over a cellular connection. Installing the firmware from the DJI Assistant 2 application always works well too.

Since I interrupted the firmware upgrade, will there be an incomplete upgrade in there, that might cause problems
No.

Can anyone tell you if you still need to be connected to the Internet once the firmware goes from 'downloading' to 'installing?'
The installation should complete if your mobile device is disconnected from the Internet after the installation process has started.

Just before I clicked on the button to accept the firmware upgrade, I read a notice (in tiny lettering) that said something about it only allowing a maximum altitude of 30 metres and a maximum difference of 50 metres 'when not connected to the app'. I haven't the faintest idea what this means - can anyone enlighten me please?
Watch this video for more details:

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tyroe1998