DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Somebody missing his Mavic (and another Copter) in Amberg, Germany?

malakascrew

Reactions
Since Thursday evening, there is a Mavic hanging up in a tree in Amberg, Germany. I flew up there (about 20m) and the Mavic doesn't look damaged, the Gimbal isn't visible though. Some brainiac apparently tried to retrieve it with another copter of unknown brand, so there are now two copters hanging in that tree, along with a rope and a broomstick....

Hier in Amberg hängt seit Donnerstagabend einer hoch in einem Baumwipfel. Ich bin heute mal mit meinem hochgeflogen (ca. 20m), der Flieger sieht nicht beschädigt aus, allerdings ist das Gimbal lagebedingt nicht sichtbar. Irgendein Schlaumeier hat wohl versucht, ihn mit einem Quadrokopter mir unbekannter Bauart zu bergen, letzterer hängt jetzt einen Meter daneben, samt angebrachter Schnur und Besenstiel...

post-54503-0-57734100-1490084540.jpg

Last edited:
Since Thursday evening, there is a Mavic hanging up in a tree in Amberg, Germany. I flew up there (about 20m) and the Mavic doesn't look damaged, the Gimbal isn't visible though. Some brainiac apparently tried to retrieve it with another copter of unknown brand, so there are now two copters hanging in that tree, along with a rope and a broomstick....

Hier in Amberg hängt seit Donnerstagabend einer hoch in einem Baumwipfel. Ich bin heute mal mit meinem hochgeflogen (ca. 20m), der Flieger sieht nicht beschädigt aus, allerdings ist das Gimbal lagebedingt nicht sichtbar. Irgendein Schlaumeier hat wohl versucht, ihn mit einem Quadrokopter mir unbekannter Bauart zu bergen, letzterer hängt jetzt einen Meter daneben, samt angebrachter Schnur und Besenstiel...

I would take them down and analyze the flight logs. Maybe the owner's location can be identified.

The thing is, how to get to them? use another drone, and become the number 3 hanging there??

Depends on the height of the tree. You could hit up a local hardware store for a telescoping pole, or possibly use a ladder.

The copters are now gone, apparently someone got them back with a mounted platform truck or something, the imprints of the supports are still visible.

post-54503-0-05303000-1490175219.jpg

Reactions: frankiez
Jaja!!
Sherlock Holmes couldn't do it better finding out how they did it!

They belong to some other member on this forum. I seem to recall a thread where they were trying unsuccessfully to get them and even posted about how they tried/or someone tried to retrieve it using another drone and the 2nd drone subsequently got stuck. It was probably back in january.

That looks like a fat frog about to eat a bug. In a tree. In Germany.

LOL I haven't lost any drones in trees yet but I've spent many hours getting R/C airplanes out of trees and getting tons of other stuff stuck up there in the process, so I feel like this could have been me if I was German

Reactions: albbal
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mini2+