DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Songs on videos to YouTube how is it done?

HueJorgan

Reactions
I know this has kinda been asked before and I searched again to see if there is a definitive answer coz for the hell of me I cannot seem to find a clear answer here or on the net

My question

How can you put a song by a well know artist or band on a video and it not be muted or worse you get a copyright strike from YouTube

I got one copyright strike for using lost in France by bonnie Tyler! (Don't ask lol) 3 and they ban you or something

Hence the reason I don't upload videos coz I'm worried

I know there are some really great royalty free stuff but occasionally I would like to use a bit of a song to help tell a story

There must be a way, and I don't monetise my videos

How do you do it

Any help and advice would be greatly appreciated thanks in advance oh wise people

Why is the word starred out lol

it's where the devil allegedly lives hardly a naughty word

is that deemed offensive if so wow! Is that to protect the snowflakes hehehe

YT maintains a list of songs that they have rights to. This means it will play on a PC but it will be monetized by the person who owns the song. It won't play on most phones and tablets. The other two situations are that YT does not have any info on the rights to the song so you are okay unless someone claims rights (resulting in a strike) or it's listed with YT as royalty free.

View usage restrictions on claimed music - YouTube Help

YT maintains a list of songs that they have rights to. This means it will play on a PC but it will be monetized by the person who owns the song. It won't play on most phones and tablets. The other two situations are that YT does not have any info on the rights to the song so you are okay unless someone claims rights (resulting in a strike) or it's listed with YT as royalty free.

View usage restrictions on claimed music - YouTube Help

Thanks for the reply

However I still don't get it

You tubers do it, how in layman terms anyone?

1. In Video Manager, you can edit your video. The editor lets you add royalty free music from choices offered by youtube.
  2. You can download royalty free music, and upload that as a soundtrack for your video.
  3. If you don't mind paying a little money, you can move a step up by using a music service that licenses music for on the order of $100 / year.

Thanks for the reply

However I still don't get it

You tubers do it, how in layman terms anyone?

Most like you got a strike because someone claimed you used their copy-righted song in your video.This, most likely was a song that YT did not have rights to either. If you use a song that is copyrighted but YT has rights to, YT will allow the song in whatever country they have rights to (usually the US and some other countries) but the monitization on the video will go to YT and the party that owns the rights to the song. If that is the case, you won't get a strike.

If you use a copywrited song it's up to you to either make sure you have a right to use it on your own or you can check to see if YT has a right to leave it in the video (the link I provided allows you to search a song for this information). if you don't, and someone claims your infringed on their rights, you will get a strike. You can dispute this charge though.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BHU