DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Speed Editor drivers for Davinci Resolve. Can't find them. Can anyone help?

vindibona1

Reactions
Democratic Peoples Republic of Crook County
My Speed Editor finally arrived today. Small but beefy. The jog wheel feels super smooth and elegant. However, the only instructions that came with it was a small card that took me to a page on the BMD website where I couldn't find either the manual for it or any drivers. My eye-brain coordination issues often find me overlooking things and I could have easily missed it.

If anyone has a link to the manual and drivers (if it/they exist) would you mind posting it?
TIA

Have you already installed Resolve 17?

For the manual, go to the Help menu > select Reference Manual and that should pull up a PDF that includes instructions for the Speed Editor.

For the drivers, have you already plugged it in with USB or BT?

Have you already installed Resolve 17?

For the manual, go to the Help menu > select Reference Manual and that should pull up a PDF that includes instructions for the Speed Editor.

For the drivers, have you already plugged it in with USB or BT?
Thanks. I've now got the reference manual open but don't see any instructions for the Speed Editor. I haven't plugged it in yet, but perhaps that is the key to getting to the drivers?... OK... I did that and it works. Scrolling is great. Got the Bluetooth connection established and functions, at least scrolling, though I haven't tried anything else yet. Somehow I was able to recognize that the editor only had an 8% charge on it, so I've plugged it into a QC 3.0 adapter and hopefully will get fully charged so I can play with it untethered.

I guess a lot of it has to do with experience and intuition, but would have been nice if BMD had included some documentation. Thanks for your helop.

Thanks. I've now got the reference manual open but don't see any instructions for the Speed Editor. I haven't plugged it in yet, but perhaps that is the key to getting to the drivers?... OK... I did that and it works. Scrolling is great. Got the Bluetooth connection established and functions, at least scrolling, though I haven't tried anything else yet. Somehow I was able to recognize that the editor only had an 8% charge on it, so I've plugged it into a QC 3.0 adapter and hopefully will get fully charged so I can play with it untethered.

I guess a lot of it has to do with experience and intuition, but would have been nice if BMD had included some documentation. Thanks for your helop.
Should be some way to contact them directly.

Should be some way to contact them directly.
Yeah... There's a BMD forum that I've just posted on. It seems that the general manual is buried in the program itself, so no standalone manual. There are NO instructions that I've found yet for the speed editor. Not even a quickstart guide. I've kind of figured out that it needed to be charged, the drivers downloaded automatically and then went to BT settings to get it recognized there. I'll guess I'll have to catch some YouTube tutorials for the actual operation.

My Speed Editor finally arrived today. Small but beefy. The jog wheel feels super smooth and elegant. However, the only instructions that came with it was a small card that took me to a page on the BMD website where I couldn't find either the manual for it or any drivers. My eye-brain coordination issues often find me overlooking things and I could have easily missed it.

If anyone has a link to the manual and drivers (if it/they exist) would you mind posting it?
TIA
I picked up DR17 with the BMD Speed Editor....I was going to purchase DR16 Studio version and along came the DR17/SE bundle for the same price....it was a no brainer.

After installing DR17, charging the SE, unplugging the SE from the USB cable, I opened DR17, and it recognized the SE. I think under Preferences, it showed it connected, presumably through my PC's BT connection.

The documentation for the SE is installed when DR17 is installed.

I still have not used it much as I have been in the workshop heads down on my router table and radial arm saw improvements.

Too many hobbies!

Reactions: DUAS
Too many hobbies!

Me, too. :) First drone, changing edit software, designing and buying a new computer to run the new edit system, new phone, all within two weeks.

Thanks for the update. Looking forward to your experience with the Speed Editor. Too bad it means learning to use the Cut Page.

Too many hobbies!

Me, too. :) First drone, changing edit software, designing and buying a new computer to run the new edit system, new phone, all within two weeks.

Thanks for the update. Looking forward to your experience with the Speed Editor. Too bad it means learning to use the Cut Page.
All that and it's not even Christmas yet!

Too many hobbies!

As it has been before quoted: "Coffee leads to donuts. Donuts leads to ants". Once you get started it's like going down the rabbit hole.... and you know who you're likely to find down there :oops: .
1608007766106.png

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pleopard