DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

"Speed Pumps" on a road

• Thread starter Deleted member 94047
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 94047

I often come across misspelled signs, banners, and such. It really isn't that big of a deal here where I live. The official language of the country - Amharic - does not have a concept of spelling; words are written exactly as they sound. Each separate sound in a word is represented by one character in the writing system and the script has unique characters for every sound in the language. With a language like that, who would blame us for misspelling every English word in every possible way? So like I said, misspellings are not a big deal here.

But this caught my eyes today
IMG_20191223_103920.jpg

But we are not to be blamed entirely for this one. The sign post is at the opposite ends of a construction zone run by a big Chinese construction company - CCCC. In total, I counted six of these signs and they were all written the same. So I say "misspellers of the world, unite!"

Oh, and if you still don't get what the signs are about, they are warning you of speed bumps ahead :)

Attachments

• IMG_20191223_103920.jpg
    IMG_20191223_103920.jpg
    5.1 MB · Views: 4
I often come across misspelled signs, banners, and such. It really isn't that big of a deal here where I live. The official language of the country - Amharic - does not have a concept of spelling; words are written exactly as they sound. Each separate sound in a word is represented by one character in the writing system and the script has unique characters for every sound in the language. With a language like that, who would blame us for misspelling every English word in every possible way? So like I said, misspellings are not a big deal here.

But this caught my eyes today
View attachment 88672

But we are not to be blamed entirely for this one. The sign post is at the opposite ends of a construction zone run by a big Chinese construction company - CCCC. In total, I counted six of these signs and they were all written the same. So I say "misspellers of the world, unite!"

Oh, and if you still don't get what the signs are about, they are warning you of speed bumps ahead :)

That was pretty funny, but it even happens in English speaking countries such as here in the US! I don’t have photos for them but I’ve seen official “Burrows” highway signs (intended to be warnings for feral donkeys on the highway and not for animal holes), and “No Somoking” signs on a nature trail. Most of the official signs are made by convict labor at jail workshops, so you get what you pay for, I guess.

Just go HERE - they show a bunch of signs with misspelling

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tarizzman