DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Spherical View at Sunset

Nice.
This you Screen Shot 2019-01-24 at 8.00.17 PM.png

Reactions: ff22
Lived in Seattle in 78 & 79 and loved it .Lived in an apartment right of Broadway .
Could crawl out the window onto the fire escape to get on the roof and have a 360 anytime .
Not sure I would want to be there now at my age but then it was a ball being from NC.
Different world as is MS compared to ether coast . I can just fly when I want and where I want here .
At the moment :oops:

Lived in Seattle in 78 & 79 and loved it .Lived in an apartment right of Broadway .
Could crawl out the window onto the fire escape to get on the roof and have a 360 anytime .
Not sure I would want to be there now at my age but then it was a ball being from NC.
Different world as is MS compared to ether coast . I can just fly when I want and where I want here .

Ah, I arrived just three years earlier and been here since. I'm OLDER yet. Traffic and Amazon are a pain. Place is still beautiful it a bit crowded. I still manage to get out hiking and cross-country skiing but on weekdays. One local guy says he does manage to fly from a Puget Sound beach - it used to allow drones.

Otherwise I drive out to Redmond and play at a soccer field but only once every few weeks. Maybe when weather gets better. The water body in the picture is Greenlake.

Reactions: dirkclod
Ah, I arrived just three years earlier and been here since. I'm OLDER yet. Traffic and Amazon are a pain. Place is still beautiful it a bit crowded. I still manage to get out hiking and cross-country skiing but on weekdays. One local guy says he does manage to fly from a Puget Sound beach - it used to allow drones.

Otherwise I drive out to Redmond and play at a soccer field but only once every few weeks. Maybe when weather gets better. The water body in the picture is Greenlake.
I spent most of my time over I believe was Stevens Pass down around Gold Bar and that area driving around in a Volkswagen looking for creeks to fly fish in and loved it out in that area . In town I would just work at a service station and hang out at Bogarts and sure was there to watch the big screen every Thursday nite to watch Dallas :) Fun times.

Enjoy the forum and be sure and post some pictures .0ROJYyg.png

I spent most of my time over I believe was Stevens Pass down around Gold Bar and that area driving around in a Volkswagen looking for creeks to fly fish in and loved it out in that area . In town I would just work at a service station and hang out at Bogarts and sure was there to watch the big screen every Thursday nite to watch Dallas :) Fun times.

Enjoy the forum and be sure and post some pictures .View attachment 60486

I am most definitely enjoying the forum. Thanks for your part.

That is/was Stevens Pass, about 4,000 feet and Gold Bar is on the way there from Seattle along Hwy 2. Beautiful stretch of highway.

All different now. You can't walk the streets w/o tripping over someone pooty spot.

Nice 360.
What was your process for making it?
I've stiched pano's but never something like what you did.

The drone/software does it all by itself. It shots a modest 25 images and pastes them together. Under the Camera Settings, Photo (?), scroll to bottom and choose Panorama and then select the GLOBE icon. Be patient as it takes a while as it whirls around up there. So make sure you still have battery power.

The actual composite image is odd but uploading it to that site converts or I guess, SHOWS it. You can either scroll or create the Tiny earth image. Hmm, for some reason, the "full image" is not showing (too large, perhaps?) while the screen captures globe show.

Gobe.jpg

Attachments

• DJI_0113.jpg
    4.8 MB · Views: 20
Reactions: Mossie42
The drone/software does it all by itself. It shots a modest 25 images and pastes them together. Under the Camera Settings, Photo (?), scroll to bottom and choose Panorama and then select the GLOBE icon. Be patient as it takes a while as it whirls around up there. So make sure you still have battery power.

The actual composite image is odd but uploading it to that site converts or I guess, SHOWS it. You can either scroll or create the Tiny earth image. Hmm, for some reason, the "full image" is not showing (too large, perhaps?) while the screen captures globe show.

It's fantastic!
What drone do you have? I have a Mavic Pro, and it takes 34 shots - but doesn't stitch anything that I can find - I just have 34 jpg, and 34 dng photos.

It's fantastic!
What drone do you have? I have a Mavic Pro, and it takes 34 shots - but doesn't stitch anything that I can find - I just have 34 jpg, and 34 dng photos.

The Mavic 2 Zoom. I don't know anything about the earlier versions or if the M2P does things differently.

But what I've had to do is either download or share the image. As seen in the "hidden" jpg, the image is an oddball one but Kuula knows how to handle it. So, after shooting, you can Preview (again with the 2 series) the image and download it from the drone to controller or even share it. Share no longer exists as on option on the Smart Controller - probably because it has no email client. But the Shared image is that one above in Post 12.

Here's one I did earlier this week after snow

A 360 or Tiny Planet of a snowy Seattle

Got tons more snow today but it is breezy and I don't fly my constrained yard with wind!

Reactions: JDawg
What’s on you roof above the deck?

I guess you don't mean the solar panels. Perhaps the tv antenna? You can't see the new ducting for the mini-split airconditioning/heating units.

But sheesh are you folks drilling down into the minutia of my neighborhood? (g)

I guess you don't mean the solar panels. Perhaps the tv antenna? You can't see the new ducting for the mini-split airconditioning/heating units.

But sheesh are you folks drilling down into the minutia of my neighborhood? (g)
That’s part of the fun.

Oh, you're just down the way a piece. How's the snow situation down there? Where's your spherical?

Snowpocalypse once again did not happen, nothing on the ground right now. I was actually planning on taking one when some of the 5" was on the ground but...

Snowpocalypse once again did not happen, nothing on the ground right now. I was actually planning on taking one when some of the 5" was on the ground but...

If it is sunny and calm in the morning I'll try taking a new one. But will have to stomp out a spot for my landing pad. The other day it kept shifting on the snow when I was trying to land. About 4-6 inches and I skied from my house, a loop around a lake and home.

Reactions: JDawg
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hcastro