DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

sporadic video signal loss

vfrailing

Reactions
Hi, just became a member, but have been a member over at phantom and inspirepilots for several years. I have both mavic pro and mavic 2 pro, was downsizing to the Mavic 2 Pro but it has been giving me issues lately. About 2 months ago was completing a job near a cell tower, and I started having sporadic loss of video signal. It usually happened after I took an AEB image, the signal just froze, even though I knew that I had moved a bit to the next location. Sometimes, it actually took up to a minute to reacquire active signal. I have recalibrated the compass several times.
I was doing a big job yesterday, went back to my rock solid Phantom. Good thing I had it with me.

Are you still using the short DJI supplied cable that goes from the side port of the controller into your mobile device?
If so - this could be a case of junking that DJI cable and using a 3rd party data cable from the USB2.0 port in the base of the controller into your mobile.
Note that if you do this - completely remove the short DJI cable from the controller, otherwise it stops the USB2.0 port from working.

IMG_20181124_095144.jpg

Hi, just became a member, but have been a member over at phantom and inspirepilots for several years.
Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching . :)

I'm assuming it had something to do with interference from the radio tower. Have you tried switching to a different frequency band when flying near a cell tower?

Thank you for your reply... I did not, but the bird still is suffering weeks later. Is there a degauss or something that I can do? Right now, I am trying different memory cards, thinking that something gets tied up in saving the AEB files???

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup

Thank you for your reply... I did not, but the bird still is suffering weeks later. Is there a degauss or something that I can do? Right now, I am trying different memory cards, thinking that something gets tied up in saving the AEB files???
Very strange that the bird is still suffering. There is such thing as interference damaging equipment but I haven't heard of that level of interference from a cell tower to a drone before. We fly drones to inspect cell towers a lot and rarely have issues.

Welcome to the forum. We look forward to your participation and your view of the world.

Welcome to the forum and enjoy.

Please share your pictures, videos and knowledge about your drones.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smoluse