DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Sport vs. GPS for distance...

KiterTodd

Reactions
I have seen this topic discussed (I did a search first) but I'm not sure I saw a definitive answer on which let's you go furthest on a "there and back" course.

Can you even make it out the 4 Mike range and back on a battery?

I was in a wide open nothing around area and flew a straight line out just over 2 miles and got a battery warning to turn around. Landed it with 12%. I was in Sport going 37mph. There was a 10mph cross wind.

Just curious. If I was more patient, kept it pegged in GPS mode, would I have gone much further or just taken more time to do the same?

Thanks!

Mavic Battery and Speed efficiency chart...

Thanks. According to that chart, then, 20mph and higher... about the same. But, also according to that chart it would seem you'll cover more distance per energy consumed. Faster is better. Hmmm.

I guess there are still conflicting opinions. In another thread someone said they'd get 10% more distance in GPS mode than Sport. So, pretty marginal.

The stated range from DJI was based on 15mph speed with no wind and clear line of sight. You will definitely not make it that far flying in Sport at 37mph.

I believe this is flight time, not distance. I have been using cinematic mode because it is faster than regular mode but doesn't require me to constantly adjust the throttle to keep power output around 60 percent or less like sport.

Reactions: KiterTodd
I believe this is flight time, not distance. I have been using cinematic mode because it is faster than regular mode but doesn't require me to constantly adjust the throttle to keep power output around 60 percent or less like sport.
I stand corrected. I just looked up the specs and those are in fact for flight time. I should check my facts before posting. :confused:

I didn't know Cinematic was quicker. I'll have to try that.

Is there a power output meter I'm missing?

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tore Korsnes