DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

3 SS Nenana, Fairbanks Alaska 4k

Great video! I can almost feel the cold air :)

That was enjoyable! Thank you.
How did you make it change at the 2:41 minute point to a cartoon like video? I've never seen that effect before.
And what was burning in the background with that huge plume?

That was enjoyable! Thank you.
How did you make it change at the 2:41 minute point to a cartoon like video? I've never seen that effect before.
And what was burning in the background with that huge plume?
I laid down a clip of the SS Nenana in the timeline and then duplicated it directly above. The lower track had the comic effect applied throughout. The track above was left as is. I then decreased the opacity of the top track so it starts out normal since the top track is normal but then the top track is made invisible as it plays, showing more and more of the comic track below until the upper normal track is gone. In Final Cut Pro the timeline looks like this. The "smoke" stack is mostly water vapor from a power plant. If you like that effect, here's a fun one. Check out the introduction to Sedona. This one took a few minutes to figure out how to do :). I've not seen anyone else do this exact thing but I'm sure somebody has. See below
Screenshot 2023-02-08 at 3.53.39 PM.png

Sedona Opening effect

This replaces the HD version earlier. Whatever.. :)
Caught this on Reddit first and followed you here. Perfect conditions for your flying, besides the cold. Calm air, bright sun and sky and the very cool snow. A very professional video with lots of cool transitions. The outline effect is fun.

Caught this on Reddit first and followed you here. Perfect conditions for your flying, besides the cold. Calm air, bright sun and sky and the very cool snow. A very professional video with lots of cool transitions. The outline effect is fun.
much appreciated the stalking and the comment :). Gave me today's out loud chuckle!

Reactions: WanderLost
Awesome! Thanks for sharing!

This replaces the HD version earlier. Whatever.. :)
Nice video with a good story!
I can just picture this stern wheeler underway and the furnace belching fire.

Beautifully done. Perfect weather for it and just the right time of day. Music was excellent and enhanced the beauty of the camera work. Thanks for sharing!

Well done! You are really arse-deep in snow!!!
As alaska goes we get very little snow. Valdez...Cordova...THOSE are places that get snow to their rooftop!

Nice video with a good story!
I can just picture this stern wheeler underway and the furnace belching fire.
Interestingly in its latter years it converted to oil. While wood burning it provided a living for many poeple up and down the rivers it navigated, buying wood from local natives.

Made me think of the winter home scene in Dr. Zhivago. Very nice.
ah yes....back in the previous century before global warming when it actually got cold. Nowadays -50F is considered really cold - not that it isn't - but in the past we've had -75F at our home. Those days appear to be over. It used to be that I thought of Feb as the coldest month. It's freaking -3 today -nice!- and as we went into a store in town my wife, without a hint of sarcasm said, "wow...what a beautiful spring day". I do love it here :).

Superb vid! I felt the cold....brrrr.

Got anything on gold dredge #8?

Got anything on gold dredge #8?
Funny you ask. I’ve been there twice with friends who were not experienced pilots and have not gotten enough footage for a good video but just today was thinking about heading back and trying to get some more footage. Look for it :).

Reactions: Walleye Hunter
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Serg09