DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

State Farm insurance update

Insurance rates go up pretty often, just pay attention and cancel if it gets too high for you.

Mine was $60/year for $1,200 in coverage with no deductible. I had a claim on the policy, a total loss, and they had a check cut within 24 hours. As is typical with insurance companies, the same coverage on my replacement drone is now $85/year for $1,000.

Reactions: Huge Bama Fan
Mine was $60/year for $1,200 in coverage with no deductible. I had a claim on the policy, a total loss, and they had a check cut within 24 hours. As is typical with insurance companies, the same coverage on my replacement drone is now $85/year for $1,000.
You're lucky
I heard once z claim is made , they cancel your drone policy

Anyone know if Statefarm (or any insurance company) is offering these policies in California yet?

According to a few posts, my $139 for the 3 drones don’t sound right. I should just be able to up my coverage in my one policy and list the serial #’s in that one, no?
I can’t look up anything since I just signed up, and nothing in the mail yet.
I’m going to call the office, but I know my agent is out of town this week.

I just took a PAP for $9000 coverage for $135/year. To cover the MP would have been $60, but added my camera and lenses.

Mine is covered through my Homeowners insurance. I tried getting a policy with SF and the agent told me they did not offer drone insurance unless I had an existing auto or HO policy with State Farm. Then the next question was would you like a quote for your auto/ HO? Nah thanks.
Erie insurance covers it under my HO and I do not have to pay extra to insure the drone. if it is not for commercial purposes that is. I haven’t had the need to replace my Mp since my first mishap so let’s hope when the time comes, they are true to their word.

Well my $30 State Farm insurance renewal is now $60 just thought I let u guys know mine covers $1050 and $100 deductible Minnesota

First off, Every state has different rates for drone insurance through State Farm.
When I got my SF insurance in October in Minnesota, they had said it was $30. a year but when I went in to pay it, they said the rate was going up & it would be $60.
The agent had already quoted me the $30. so he was somewhat obliged to give me that rate.
Still better than dealing with DJI Care Refresh.

Mine is covered through my Homeowners insurance. I tried getting a policy with SF and the agent told me they did not offer drone insurance unless I had an existing auto or HO policy with State Farm. Then the next question was would you like a quote for your auto/ HO? Nah thanks.
Erie insurance covers it under my HO and I do not have to pay extra to insure the drone. if it is not for commercial purposes that is. I haven’t had the need to replace my Mp since my first mishap so let’s hope when the time comes, they are true to their word.

It’s actually a Personal Article Policy. It covers drones, jewelry, musical instruments, etc.

You will also have a deductible that will greatly limit the amount paid out. You will then also have a homeowners claim which is far worse on your history than a personal article policy claim.

Reactions: Guker
Anyone with a drone insurance policy in California?
My DJI one just expired.

you should look into it a little more. For the $60 a year with state farm It gave $3500 worth of coverage. You should be able to add other items to that policy to be covered for no more $$. I have 1200 for mavic, 1200 for dslr and lenses and 2 gopro hero 4 silvers under the policy for just $60. I have everything in a backpac so if someone walks away with it all it is covered. Just an fyi
That is correct on the add-ons. I put several guns onto that same policy and just had to assure the MP and my use of it was strictly hobby use and not for hire.

Hello all,...!! If you’re around the Maryland, DC, Virginia area call Justin at State Farm in Baltimore/ 1-410-444-8800........ good coverage, no deductible and he can help you get answers to most of your questions,.... Happy, safe flying,..!! [emoji106]

It’s actually a Personal Article Policy. It covers drones, jewelry, musical instruments, etc.

But can I get a personal article policy without being obligued to purchasing any other policy such as vehicle/HOI? That’s what I was made to believe with SF.

You will also have a deductible that will greatly limit the amount paid out. You will then also have a homeowners claim which is far worse on your history than a personal article policy claim.

But isn’t this the case anytime you submit a claim to your insurance company; rates go up? After loosing, replacing a Mavic and then finding my original months later I have two so I’m sort of self insured at the moment

But isn’t this the case anytime you submit a claim to your insurance company; rates go up? After loosing, replacing a Mavic and then finding my original months later I have two so I’m sort of self insured at the moment

While it's always a possibility, it's far less likely when the claim is under a personal article policy. A personal article policy has a _very_ limited exposure for the insurance company. Something that falls into that category are the people who pay for them. People who take personal article policies tend to have the means to buy something expense and then pay to have them insured. These people are less likely to file claims.

A homeowners policy has a _much_ higher personal property limit and also contains liability coverage. So when a claim (any claim) is filed under a homeowners policy, the claims itself is weighed against the exposure to the insurance company (a might higher personal property limit and that the policy contains a liability exposure (payments to a 3rd party)). So, to some degree, a homeowners claim is looked at just as a claim made against a policy with a _lot_ of exposure and a claim against a personal article policy is a claim against a much smaller and isolated policy.

So I spoke with my SF agent last week (I've had insurance with SF for the last 27 years) and my agent stated they do not offer the PAP on drones yet, they expect it in June. I contacted another local SF agent and they said they'd be more than happy to help with it. $60 a year, no deductible covers the Mavic Pro for what I paid for it ($800). I'm more than happy to pay that $60 and take the chance of never needing it and not having to deal with DJI should the time come.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman