DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

State Farm Personal Property insurance really came through for me after I crashed my drone. 65 dollars a year to get a payout of $600 for repairs.

I continue to believe the DJI care reduce(the size of your wallet)is what revenue source DJI used to fund their new building. How folks can justify the cost for that piece of mind escapes me knowing that there are other options available to keep a camera in the air. The first option is not putting your expensive camera in a position to expand risk. The other options are available via the all powerful google.
That's a good thing. The more people who sign up the lower the premiums and lower the deductibles and bigger the payouts. Drone insurance is no different than any other insurance, it's all about risks. Some people have multiple policies from different sources, some items are covered under multiple policies. Accidents happen and it's up to the individual to evaluate their own personal and unique situations; we are lucky we have choices and options. Similar to a cellphone, some people choose to cover or not. You are way more likely to drop your phone and crack the screen than drop your drone and crack the gimble. As your product get older, you handle it with less care. But not everybody is keen to put their drones and mobile phones on their primary insurance. Also there are people who can't get good insurance any other way, so we are lucky DJI provides this for that segment. I made a standalone policy claim on one drone so SF doesn't want me any longer (even though they insure my sportbike). Some people buy their drones with DJI care already included, some people sell their drones for a bit more with DJI care already on it, some people enjoy the warranty extension you get when you obtain but don't use your DJI care. Some insurance policies won't cover used equipment or commercial work, thank goodness for DJI care. YMMV

And a wallet with the thickness to cover that expense.
DJI care is not that expensive. Very reasonable for the mid-price drones and actually it's pretty cheap for the mini drones, avata, etc. Yes it's quiet expensive for cine drones. It's just money and some people like to pay just to avoid that horrible feeling you have during a crash or flyaway.

When I see a cost that is three to four times what other options are, I call that expensive. Very similar to the idea of paying 70k for a new truck at one dealership versus going to another dealer and depleting a wallet of 250k.

When I see a cost that is three to four times what other options are, I call that expensive. Very similar to the idea of paying 70k for a new truck at one dealership versus going to another dealer and depleting a wallet of 250k.
I think if your only have one option then the cost is very reasonable. Insurance is not like shopping for cars from one dealership to another where you are free to come in and do your best deal unless you figure an insurance company will cover you regardless the risk for any price. Yep I agree with you, there are insurance options that will cost you $500 per year and that's high compared to DJI Care $150.

DJI Care also have other benefits like warranty extension, replacement costs (instead of market costs for some), original genuine parts, etc. Does no good to drive away from that 70K new truck dealership if their repair shop sucks and their general manager is a bad guy; just weight your facts and decide for yourself which is best and then vote with your dollars.

I've been rotating drones in and out of a state farm personal articles policy for the past 5 years. Had to make a total loss claim on DJI FPV last year (fell in a river), and they paid it out very quickly. However I just tried adding a new DJI Mini 4 to the personal articles policy and was informed it was not being renewed.

YMMV

Is anyone aware of liability insurance that protects the drone pilot in the event that a person or property is ‘injured / damaged’ by their drone?

I just stopped in to report that State Farm paid immediately after providing the invoice from DJI for my crash repair. My repair was cheap but still more than the $65 for the year's coverage. The year is about up so I'll find out if they deny me coverage now or what.

I just stopped in to report that State Farm paid immediately after providing the invoice from DJI for my crash repair. My repair was cheap but still more than the $65 for the year's coverage. The year is about up so I'll find out if they deny me coverage now or what.
About 3 or 4 years ago, it happened to me after one St. Farm claim. Comes in the form of a canceled policy renewal about 4 months into the next renewal. "We see that you made a claim about a year ago, so your current policy will be ended in the next 30 days....."

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
henryairsoft1