DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Still Photo Settings

Flyhigh1

Reactions
When shooting Raw pictures in photo mode does it matter what profile you are in (ex. Dcinnlike, Art, etc?) or even the style profile meaning the sharpness, contrast, saturation settings? Are those just for video? Thanks.

Reactions: sonof40
No, in camera settings like color profile, saturation, contrast, sharpness or white balance doesn't matter for a RAW still. The RAW is pure virgin sensor readings & usually look flat, dull & unimpressive straight from camera ... but they provide a greater possibility to generate a much higher quality final pic after post.

ISO settings still matters though ...

Sorry for noob question but what should I have it’s at for best images straight from card? I don’t do any type of post.
Thanks

ISO 100, always if possible.
I have white balance as sunny, it's usually what we have here :)
Some like custom 6000k, haven't tried it.

If you don't want to do post, just forget the RAW / jpeg option, and set for jpeg only.

Other than that I leave most things on auto, no filter, compose for light (keep sun behind unless you want those sunbeam highlights), and don't forget to tap the screen for focus.
You can play around with different photo settings, like HDR / AEB, etc.

If shooting water and you want to 'see through' it, you can get and play with a C-PL (clear polariser) filter, but needs to be set up properly for direction.

Other things like aspect is personal, 4:3 gives more image, can be cropped (a simple editing, which is good for many pics, along with horizon straighten etc). Or for more screen ready size try 16:9.

There are a lot of other things you can play with for exposure etc, the histogram, overexposure warning, and peak focus threshold is very useful to ensure you're focussed right on your subject.

Google or YouTube search any of the above and you will find loads of good tutorials.

Reactions: PAW
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FredFulf