DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 2 will not power on

Whiteeskimo

Reactions
Hello every one
I decided to take my mini 2 out for the first flight this season
But when I set everything up and put the battery in and pushed the button-to start it and nothing , none of the lights came on
So I plugged in the external power supply and the first 2 lights would blink from left to right for 8 times and then the 2 lights on the right would blink 3 times at the same time and then repeat again,
but i can not turn the power for the mini 2 on
Any help will be great thanks

I'm a little confused at this point.
Do you mean to say that you plugged in an external power supply direct to the drone?
If that is not what you mean, could you explain just what you are doing to the batteries and to the drone.
Just need more info to help.
THX

I am sorry I will try again hopefully clearer
I have 4 batteries and all have the same reaction NOTHING at all
So I thought to myself try plugging in the external power supply directly to the Mini that came with the drone to see what diagnostic lights show up
And when I did that the first 2 lights would blink from left to the right for 8 times and then the 2 lights on the right would blink 3 times at the same time and then repeat 3 blinks over again.

I know that the lights on the drone do give info on any abnormalities but the list of is not very much for us users
The techs at DJI should know but the reply that I got from them I think was automated for all it said was it sounds like a battery problem.
But how can that be , When I plug in the power supply it should show all 4 lights and if I put a battery in it does not start to charge like it should

A real puzzler AH

I will add one thing
I know the charge on all the batteries for I have a device to check the levels
And. I just tried connecting another charger that is all so made for the DJI mini 2
And the same thing happens
I really don't think that it is a battery problem
For the batteries work perfectly while used in other devices via the DJI usb charging dock

Whiteeskimo,
I still think as I originally said, I believe you have a battery problem.
I suggest a new battery(s) are in the future.

The blinking pattern you described on your DJI Mini 2 indicates a specific issue. Let’s troubleshoot it:
  1. 8 blinks from left to right: This typically means that the battery voltage is too low. Make sure the battery is fully charged before inserting it into the drone.
  2. 3 blinks on the right: This indicates a communication error between the battery and the drone. Try the following steps:
    • Remove the battery from the drone.
    • Inspect the battery contacts for any dirt or debris. Clean them if necessary.
    • Reinsert the battery firmly into the drone.
  3. Repeat 3 blinks: If the issue persists, consider updating the firmware of your DJI Mini 2. Visit the DJI website or use the DJI Fly app to check for available updates.
Hope this helps.

Last edited:
I have used the batteries to charge my cell phone
dji says it is ok to put the batteries into the charging station and use it to charge other devices
I use this method to drain the batteries like in this situation

Whiteeskimo,

The blinking pattern you described on your DJI Mini 2 indicates a specific issue. Let’s troubleshoot it:
  1. 8 blinks from left to right: This typically means that the battery voltage is too low. Make sure the battery is fully charged before inserting it into the drone.
  2. 3 blinks on the right: This indicates a communication error between the battery and the drone. Try the following steps:
  3. Repeat 3 blinks: If the issue persists, consider updating the firmware of your DJI Mini 2. Visit the DJI website or use the DJI Fly app to check for available updates.
Hope this helps.
I understand what you are saying but in the past when ever i connect the charger to the drone without the battery in all 4 lights will shine
How can all 4 batteries have a problem all at the same time?

Whiteeskimo,

Hope this helps

Can it be possible to upgrade the drone and see it if the drone itself will not power on?

Whiteeskimo,

Hope this helps.
how can I update the drone if I can not power it on?

Can you please send me the link to DJI were I can try to update the drone or batteries
thanks

The link for the DJI assistant says it is not compatible will OS 11
What can I do now?

Last resort if you will...................contact DJI customer service for help.
If they can't help, try contacting a drone repair shop by phone.
Sorry I can't be of further help.

Last resort if you will...................contact DJI customer service for help.
If they can't help, try contacting a drone repair shop by phone.
Sorry I can't be of further help.
Thanks for all your help
I have tried contacting DJI service but all they said was it must be a battery problem
I think that was only a robo answer
I then have contacted a drone repair shop and he 2was very helpful but he is out of the Provence right now and we will get together in a couple of weeks when he returns to toronto
and even better his shop is only a couple miles from my home

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
msherwood1954