DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Stobon Navigation Compliant Lights

ImpConcepts

Reactions
Here is my version of a Perfectly balanced Mavic Pro with dual Lume cubes and Navigation Compliant Strobon Strobe lights, combined with my Extended Legs and Accessory Adapter. the Accessory adapter can accommodate up to 4 Lume cubes, or 2 Lume cubes plus camera and/or other accessories.
The Extended legs include Caddies for Standalone Strobon Strobe lights. In this case configured in true Nav. compliant formation. Red on Left, Green on Right and White on Rear.

Here is a link to a Video: http://www.impconcepts.com/video/MavicStrobonLumeCubesExtendedLegs.mp4

Attachments

• Lights-1.png
    Lights-1.png
    166.5 KB · Views: 267
  • Lights-2.png
    Lights-2.png
    162.9 KB · Views: 261
  • Lights-3.png
    Lights-3.png
    167.5 KB · Views: 258
Nice setup. I'd like to get the Strobon's - don't need the big lights.

What is the weight of everything added to the MP?

The Legs and strobes are insignificant, the Main Adapter is about ~30g. The Strobes are the biggies. But the New Lume Life Lights are half the weight. Plus this pics shows the Mavic Fully loaded. You can have one Lume in the middle on the top only if you like.

Compliant for night flying. In US that's allowed (Part 107 only?).

In Canada requires an SFOC and insurance and lights.

Are you saying night flying is only legal with Part 107 license or only required in 107 status?

For those who already have rear legs on their Mavic, here is a Strobon Clip for the Rear Navigation Strobe. It can be charged in place.

Attachments

• IMG_7723 (Medium).JPG
    IMG_7723 (Medium).JPG
    75.7 KB · Views: 78
  • IMG_7724 (Medium).JPG
    IMG_7724 (Medium).JPG
    66.8 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG_7726 (Medium).JPG
    IMG_7726 (Medium).JPG
    44.1 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_7727 (Medium).JPG
    IMG_7727 (Medium).JPG
    60.4 KB · Views: 77
  • IMG_7728 (Medium).JPG
    IMG_7728 (Medium).JPG
    36.1 KB · Views: 74
  • IMG_7735 (Medium).JPG
    IMG_7735 (Medium).JPG
    78.4 KB · Views: 77
Here is my version of a Perfectly balanced Mavic Pro with dual Lume cubes and Navigation Compliant Strobon Strobe lights, combined with my Extended Legs and Accessory Adapter. the Accessory adapter can accommodate up to 4 Lume cubes, or 2 Lume cubes plus camera and/or other accessories.
The Extended legs include Caddies for Standalone Strobon Strobe lights. In this case configured in true Nav. compliant formation. Red on Left, Green on Right and White on Rear.

Here is a link to a Video: http://www.impconcepts.com/video/MavicStrobonLumeCubesExtendedLegs.mp4

Do you have a file for the legs you would be willing to send or sell? I have been looking for these very legs to print at home, so I can put my lights on my Mavic.

THanks

I just bought STROBON Cree strobes with mounting clips from MavicHelp (two white for the rear, red for left front, green for right front). The mounts clip on the four motor legs, so you don't need extended landing gear. They weigh next to nothing.

Took it out flying the other night. Those Crees are bright. They lasted thru 4 Mavic batteries, and were still at half charge.

Neat! From where did you purchase the strobes?

If you're in the US, you're better off getting them at STROBON Cree LED Strobe Light - Phantom Help . After the exchange and shipping the price is about the same -- plus you get them much faster.(Also FlyTron is on vacation for the next week and not shipping until mid-month)

Those LumeCubes are sweet - I didn't realize the mounts came out already. What was the cost of the total LumeCube set-up?

Are you saying night flying is only legal with Part 107 license or only required in 107 status?

Part 107 flying requires nav lights when flying within the 30 minute window prior to sunrise, and the 30 minute window after sunset. Additionally, any Part 107 night flying using a COW requires nav lights.

In the US, a hobbyist can fly at night with no issues. The AMA best practices say you need to be able to tell the orientation of your aircraft at all times.

The built-in lights on the Mavic will work up to a certain distance, but with the STROBEON's you can go out well past a mile and be able to navigate just with the lights. After a mile and half or so the lights are still visible, but the colors start to all look alike.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan