DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2 Storm rolling In

VenomXts

Premium Pilot
Reactions
Got pretty wet after this but was a lot of fun.

Attachments

• Photo_6619139_DJI_3_jpg_2781578_0_202162185058_photo_original-01.jpeg
    Photo_6619139_DJI_3_jpg_2781578_0_202162185058_photo_original-01.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 53
  • Photo_6619153_DJI_17_jpg_2668726_0_202162191252_photo_original-01.jpeg
    Photo_6619153_DJI_17_jpg_2668726_0_202162191252_photo_original-01.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 52
  • Photo_6554582_DJI_982_jpg_2683008_0_202162163440_photo_original-01.jpeg
    Photo_6554582_DJI_982_jpg_2683008_0_202162163440_photo_original-01.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 51
WOW : that one picture looks like a series of tornados dropping AWESOME !!!
Risk and the Reward , got some Gems .

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mavic in the Rain.

The first two are especially effective. I’m not sure I would have flown with that coming at me. Nice work though!

I took this approach , because this picture is wickedness in the making and its Epic ,
here you go:

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain.

View attachment 130097
That's a very good edit thank you!! I need to put more into my edits above snapseed...

The first two are especially effective. I’m not sure I would have flown with that coming at me. Nice work though!
lol, I enjoy flying in the rain and usually do it until the camera gets a rain drop on it.

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
That's a very good edit thank you!! I need to put more into my edits above snapseed...

lol, I enjoy flying in the rain and usually do it until the camera gets a rain drop on it.
You should sign that edit i made for you and Post it for $1000 printed on a Metal Backing , and I might be the one to buy it :p That is exactly what I would do if I captured something this good. Check out the printing on the Metal sheets , this is perfect for that.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mavic in the Rain and Capture the Storm.

You should sign that edit i made for you and Post it for $1000 printed on a Metal Backing , and I might be the one to buy it :p That is exactly what I would do if I captured something this good. Check out the printing on the Metal sheets , this is perfect for that.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mavic in the Rain and Capture the Storm.
I printed on metal recently and really like the result.. looking into some cheaper options to print it though.

Attachments

• 20210503_160616-01.jpeg
    20210503_160616-01.jpeg
    3.7 MB · Views: 8
  • Love
I printed on metal recently and really like the result.. looking into some cheaper options to print it though.
glass or acrylic (plexiglas) do well too. Although with the metal - you can get matte or gloss, which I don't think is an option on the other 2.

The companies doing the metal print are making like 4-5x what it costs them to print. I used to do dye sub and it's not that expensive. If you plan on doing A LOT, may make sense to buy your own equipment.

Where was that taken? I'm guessing north of Dallas, but I could be wrong.
Inspired by your excellent photo, I threw my Mavic Air up today and hovered it about 150' above my house and just let the camera roll pointed at the incoming storms. I'm going to try again if another line moves in, but this is the image I pulled from the 8 or so minutes of video. Just wish the lightning strike was right in the middle. Rain started getting a bit heavier, so I landed.
vlcsnap-2021-06-03-10h42m09s688.png

Where was that taken? I'm guessing north of Dallas, but I could be wrong.
Inspired by your excellent photo, I threw my Mavic Air up today and hovered it about 150' above my house and just let the camera roll pointed at the incoming storms. I'm going to try again if another line moves in, but this is the image I pulled from the 8 or so minutes of video. Just wish the lightning strike was right in the middle. Rain started getting a bit heavier, so I landed.
View attachment 130117
Just north of Houston, and for lightning that's how try to get it as well I shoot in 4k 60FPS then rip out as image if I get one. I need to go through some video of yesterday to see if I got one as the images above were with the picture mode.

Got a new storm rolling in a few hours so may try to get something there.

Love your pic btw keep em coming.

• Love
glass or acrylic (plexiglas) do well too. Although with the metal - you can get matte or gloss, which I don't think is an option on the other 2.

The companies doing the metal print are making like 4-5x what it costs them to print. I used to do dye sub and it's not that expensive. If you plan on doing A LOT, may make sense to buy your own equipment.
Any idea what the equipment costs?

Yes- I remember this wonderful image! I also tried to open the foreground on it too. Metal prints are really beautiful, but not for me since I am at the stage of life where I am trying to reduce the "stuff" in my house, including art work, since we would be going to a smaller home or apartment from a large home.

One thing you have to try for me is to get the PANO with a Lightning Strike I have yet to do it. But it would be amazing. We have some light storms coming to .. ohio what I call a Sprinkle.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mavic in the Rain .

Yes- I remember this wonderful image! I also tried to open the foreground on it too. Metal prints are really beautiful, but not for me since I am at the stage of life where I am trying to reduce the "stuff" in my house, including art work, since we would be going to a smaller home or apartment from a large home.
I hear you, I have to have some self restraint on printing anything since as time goes by my style or proficiency in capturing and editing goes up lol (early me used way to much HDR and I have a feeling I will think what im doing now is too much before long. Also, as i think all of us know we are our biggest fans, I get reminded that every time I show the wife a new pic or video lol .

• Haha
Just north of Houston, and for lightning that's how try to get it as well I shoot in 4k 60FPS then rip out as image if I get one. I need to go through some video of yesterday to see if I got one as the images above were with the picture mode.

Got a new storm rolling in a few hours so may try to get something there.

Love your pic btw keep em coming.
Hey Venom! Your wish fulfilled!

I took your image into Adobe Photoshop CC2021 and used the Content Aware Move Tool and moved your lightning bolt to the center! I also played a bit with the clouds (darker and angrier)using gradient tool. Now you can go ahead and print this one on metal.

Dale
MiamiContent Aware Movel Tool-Photoshjop CC2021.jpg

Hey Venom! Your wish fulfilled!

I took your image into Adobe Photoshop CC2021 and used the Content Aware Move Tool and moved your lightning bolt to the center! I also played a bit with the clouds (darker and angrier)using gradient tool. Now you can go ahead and print this one on metal.

Dale
MiamiView attachment 130122
Ha! That's awesome! Right behind the airport

Skunked on lightening just now but got this coming into Houston a few mins ago lol

Attachments

• Photo_6619162_DJI_26_jpg_3200296_0_20216314340_photo_original-01.jpeg
    Photo_6619162_DJI_26_jpg_3200296_0_20216314340_photo_original-01.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 6
Reactions: spamgnome
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member